Getting back that sound!

Heritage_Head

1 hour ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

I like the 396's myself.  At halfway close distances I felt that the 904's were obvious that there was a horn sitting on top of woofers.  I just think the 396's are voiced better, the drivers blend together better, the crossover area is more seamless, hard to tell where the woofer ends and the horn begins at closer distances.  

904s top is pretty high up. The horn adjusts angle in all directions so set up imo could be part of a seamless speaker sound. I could totally see how the lp location set up a certain way could pull the top and bottom apart. I tilted and turned mine to ear (laser) at lp. No idea if that played a part in your experience. 

3 hours ago, TasDom said:

Yeah, they have roses sitting on top of them now :tongue:

That new reference 15 (market around6ish) is imo there best reference sub by a lot. They nailed it. Walked into room at best buy and that things a monster. At 6ish its value is imo better than the value bang for buck any svs has at this point. IMO

And thats not a nock on svs. Well done klipsch 

5 minutes ago, glens said:

Looks to me like (at least the current iterations) the 396 and 362 are the same but for one being 2-way and one 3-way, just depends on how cleanly you want the top-most end reproduced, maybe.

Completely different drivers and horns. 396 is a different animal. You will clearly learn that as the volume knob turns clockwise.   They absolutely scream, yet have incredibly low listener fatigue. True sleepers IMO.  Simply incredible. 362s?   I have no idea. Haven't heard them 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cinema_head said:

I have no  Science or facts to this but 510 horn with that driver is no comparison to the two horns in those. A few iv seen  replace the whole top horns on a la scala with a 510. It’s that good vs home offerings.

Hmmm great minds think alike at exactly the same time in fact 👍

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, rockhound said:

I have not heard the new 362's but have heard the older 362's and they jam. I would not scratch em off the list if you find a set used. A fellow forum member @HOGFAN had 2 pairs sitting on 682 subs, awesome combo.

Extended heritage design and hardware pretty nice a lot here prefer it even. I would probably want the home version if it was what I wanted. Looking at just those two. Same drivers horns I think. 

Never heard neither, but they're rated same at a watt, just higher power handling thus a couple dB louder-capable for the two-way.  Same woofer & box but evidently a bit more internal volume for the woofer on the 3-way.  Better polar control a bit lower with the 3-way by specs, and I am familiar with the mid and tweet horns.

2 hours ago, glens said:

Never heard neither, but they're rated same at a watt, just higher power handling thus a couple dB louder-capable for the two-way.  Same woofer & box but evidently a bit more internal volume for the woofer on the 3-way.  Better polar control a bit lower with the 3-way by specs, and I am familiar with the mid and tweet horns.

What are you comparing? (396 vs 362)?

Unless im missing the boat here the 362 is basically a home chorus with pro line cab. But Im not seeing glaring advantage from either (362 vs home chorus). I would guess they are as good anyone thinks chorus are. Give or take a little. Now the ki-396 is built using pro line horns and drivers with pro line cab, and things of course . Really cab is probably the only candle the 362 can hold head to head with a 396. After that its a whole new level of audio bliss. Like it was discovering klipsch all over again. Its a jump like standard to hd tv was. 

Its all the hype and some. At least to my ears. I should say iv not heard the 396 so my opinion is based on my 904 experience. The two have a lot in common horns and drivers ext.... like Khorns and la scala sim.  

396 and 362: same (basic) box and woofer (pro line).  362: same mumps mid horn as used recently in ForteIII (don't know which usage first) but pro line driver (different from Forte).  Same tweeter assembly (entire) as Forte (don't know which usage first).  This all from all three spec sheets.

362 spec sheet shows at least at top and bottom of range flatter output curve than 396.

I own F IIIs and know first hand how excellent the top two horns are.  They are superb.

• Like 1