My new toy! A Strat copy!

JohnKuthe

AND I can play Youtubes over my La Scalas now cause I got all the widgets to connect my Toughbook WinXP Pro's USB output to my receiver via two RCAs, and I can play the Strat over my Peavey Practice Amp OR my La Scalas as long as I'm very careful with the La Scalas. 

Plus I have that microphone!! :-)

The Cheep Effects can be REBORN! :-)

John Kuthe...

23 hours ago, JohnKuthe said:

I am PIC INHIBITED, thanks to my MacinTRASH!

What are you trying to say, here. The Klipsch website uses a web browser for access. I can post pics from Macs, Windows or Linux boxes. You obviously need help.

Bruce

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marvel said:

What are you trying to say, here. The Klipsch website uses a web browser for access. I can post pics from Macs, Windows or Linux boxes. You obviously need help.

Bruce

I NEED my PC BACK!! ALL my pics are on my PC, NOT on my MacinTRASH! Because Apple is iCentric! And I say I-**** YOU to Apple!

John Kuthe...

iGet it! I used to support Apple products where I worked previously.

Had a bunch of 27" iMacs... just out of warranty and one of the motherboards died. $950+ to replace it.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, finallygotmyheresies said:

Sorry you are having so much trouble with your mac. I bought my Mac mini in 2012 and have been very happy with it because it just keeps working. I'm not a computer person per se and just need something that does its job. 7 years is far longer than any other pc has ever lasted me. 

Me too. I got tired of buying a new HP, Dell, Toshiba every year. My MacBook Pro is 6 years old and still runs great. And I've never spent any money on protection.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2019 at 1:01 PM, Ceptorman said:

Me too. I got tired of buying a new HP, Dell, Toshiba every year. My MacBook Pro is 6 years old and still runs great. And I've never spent any money on protection.

I got you ONE BETTER!!

You KNOW how a long Youtube will STOP AND ASK "Are you still watching?" My WinXP Pro Toughbook I have Chrome on running downstairs DOES NOT DO THAT!! But my MacinTRASH does!!

I should get my Win XP Pro PC back and use IT for MUSIC! My MacinTRASH SUCKS AT IT!!

John Kurthe, Climate Anarchist and SO MUCH MORE!!

• Haha 1

I have four Dell Optiplex 780 boxes, which they stopped making in 2009. Mine are earlier... the school was throwing them out. Works for me. three are running Windows 10 and one is running Linux Mint 18.3.

They all work fine... I have a Mac Mini server with dead drives that I would like to get up and running with a linux distro, but you have to take EVERYTHING out of the case to get to the drives. Macs are fine, really, but still over priced. They can cost a lot when needing repair, and being hardware, they will and do break. Some nice design, elegant... but at a cost.

We had a much higher failure rate on the Macs than we eve did with the Dell PCs. Dell's support was great, Apple's not so much. Just my experience over 20 years.

Bruce

• Like 1

7 years is far longer than any other pc has ever lasted me.

I'm still running a 21 year old 1998 PC running DOS 5 and Windows 98. All original configuration except button backup battery. I use Wordperfect 5.1 on it for all my work reports and invoices. Nothing GUI interfaced is nearly as fast. Backups for this PC are Lap Linked (20 year old software) to a 286 PC notebook "Avanti brand" that is 16+ years old.

• Like 2

On 3/31/2019 at 12:11 PM, Ceptorman said:

You got a new guitar and didn't post a photo? 

That's cruel 😄

My PC shop's gonna be finished with my PC soon, and THEN I will take LOTS OF PICS and figure out how to post them! I know THIS site will let me select pic files from my hard drive so that is good, but I USED to use Facebook to host a lot of my pics and I'd post URLs to them already online somewhere (Facebook!) Tinypic USED to work for me but it's very hit and miss for me last times I tried.

I will see!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JL Sargent said:

I'm still running a 21 year old 1998 PC running DOS 5 and Windows 98. All original configuration except button backup battery. I use Wordperfect 5.1 on it for all my work reports and invoices. Nothing GUI interfaced is nearly as fast. Backups for this PC are Lap Linked (20 year old software) to a 286 PC notebook "Avanti brand" that is 16+ years old.

Congratulations at eschewing all this whiz bang Snap Chat bloody fancy new tech crap! Hail to US LUDDITES!

John Kuthe...

On 4/3/2019 at 2:37 PM, Marvel said:

I have four Dell Optiplex 780 boxes, which they stopped making in 2009. Mine are earlier... the school was throwing them out. Works for me. three are running Windows 10 and one is running Linux Mint 18.3.

They all work fine... I have a Mac Mini server with dead drives that I would like to get up and running with a linux distro, but you have to take EVERYTHING out of the case to get to the drives. Macs are fine, really, but still over priced. They can cost a lot when needing repair, and being hardware, they will and do break. Some nice design, elegant... but at a cost.

We had a much higher failure rate on the Macs than we eve did with the Dell PCs. Dell's support was great, Apple's not so much. Just my experience over 20 years.

Bruce

MacinTRASH just wants you to buy MORE MacinTRASH CRAP!!

I like a PC I can "wipe and reload" my own OS! I partition the drive into a "C:" drive for the OS and D:, E: , etc. for as many data drives as I need! That way I can REINSTALL THE OS without having to back up the data! Because the data is STILL THERE! Safe from Windows' wrath!

John Kuthe, Climate Anarchist and So Much More!

On 4/3/2019 at 2:37 PM, Marvel said:

Bruce

AMEN to that. If you have to ask your PC to do serious work like I do you get all the horsepower you need from Dell Outlet at 1/4th the price of Macs and the PC's run circles around the Mac stuff. In many cases if you wanted the CAD recommended graphics card which was Nvidia Macs don't come with that. 90% of serious design software runs on PC's and the rest run on both although often the Mac side is crippled. Solidworks after years of being ported to Mac's for instance still does not have all the functions PC users get. I don't remember the last time I saw a Mac in a working shop environment. Now if you drink Latte and are teaching you probably have a Mac, know what I mean Verne? IF you like to brag about how much something costs you might have a Mac😀

For about 12 years now the only reason I retire a Dell Workstation is because new advances make my work so much faster and the new box pay's for itself. Three year warranty comes with them and the few times I have had trouble it did not cost me a thing. Oh and I don't have to buy special proprietary cables to hook up to "special" Apple ports. Cost of ownership is a number of things and not just initial price tag although Apple is way high there too.