Digital Server / AVR Future or Present feature?

MC39693

Having "played" around a fair bit with my music server - AVR speaker configurations, I've discovered that my ears like;

1) stereo for one or two voices and just a few instruments (think Tracy Chapman's live Stand by Me).  I like the sound of someone right in front of me simply singing ... albeit incredibly so.

2) for larger groups (Pentatonix, The Flying Pickets), rock bands and up to classical with a lot of sounds from different locations, I like a variety of multi-speaker setups including DTS and "Matrix", not multi-channel stereo so much.

The question is ...  wouldn't it be nice if the digital metadata on the server included a per track AVR speaker config (which ones, attenuation, equalization etc.) which could be sent to the AVR just prior to the track playing?  Does this already exist?  I suppose implementation by separate units would require a communications channel, e.g. digital cable and a tiny bit of "code" to transfer the settings.

Or perhaps I should just leave the setup in 2 channel?

It might be nice if one was used to track "tuning"... and probably not to far out of the realm of reality within the next ten years.

It's probably a lot of work to go thru each and every track and "Massage" the levels and assign processing/playback parameters.... though some here have "remastered/DEmastered" original content digitally. It still lacks per track assignable playback in as far as post mastering processing.

Maybe a giant AVR with a huge storage capability that allows "read only" as well as "read write" capabilities and built in room correction is a decent idea.