Mission Accomplished

rockhound

7 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Jerry-

Did you see my earlier post?  I'm not surprised if they don't interest you, but I'm surprised that you didn't reply to the Voxel question, which makes me wonder if you saw the post at all.

HIP Voxel.JPG

Sorry I didn't, but I just went back and re-read this thread. Sorry about that. I have not hooked the lil voxel up yet as I need to order the correct speaker cable for it. I thought I had one but do not. My last time off I was gone to Arizona for most of it.

As far as the HIP's go I'll shoot you a PM.

• 2 weeks later...

Jerry,

It's a good thing you didn't want my HIPs.  I hooked them up after you decided against them, which I would have done prior to shipping; Eric Clapton was buzzed in the left speaker. They worked fine the last time I played them.  At the suggestion of Claude @ClaudeJ1, I took the offending woofer to a local technician.  Apparently some corrosion had gotten in the VC gap.  The tech cleaned it, which improved the situation, but did not eliminate it.  To achieve cosmetic and performance parity, I decided to get both of the EV woofers reconed.  They sound, and look (the woofers only) great now.  I highly recommend the tech.  Thanks Claude.

C83905B9-8B6C-4AEA-B239-207DFA4FA1FD.jpeg

• Like 1

On 4/25/2019 at 12:06 PM, rockhound said:

. . .  Exercise Room

HIP's, Anarchy 25hz DIY tapped horns x2

How do you like the subs with the HIPs?  I use four of them with HIPs or Claude’s Supers in my small space.  One pair of Heresys will have to go, but I can’t decide which.

53 minutes ago, rockhound said:

Honestly the HIP’s don’t need subs in my room but I prefer a little more punch. These anarchy subs are real overachievers in a small rooms like I have.

That about sums up my experience.  One was good, two were better, and now four (two behind the couch) make convenient places to set drinks.  The diminishing return factor clearly set in with 3 and 4.

• Like 1