Update: A-55G drivers

Shakeydeal

I received the drivers from Bob on Thursday. As always, great customer service and lightning fast shipping.

So I spent the weekend listening to these. To my ears, the improvement was more than I had expected, and in just the way that I had hoped for. The difference is not radical, but dramatic nonetheless. What I am hearing is more midrange clarity, better separation of instruments and voices. Which in turn leads to more transparency. And the sound is somewhat more tonally natural.

I'm not sure yet, but they do seem to be just a little bit less efficient. I might have to choose a different tap on the xover, currently at -3.88. I think -3.00 might be just the ticket. But for 350.00, I think these drivers are a slam dunk.

Shakey

• Like 2

I replaced the k55v’s in my Cornwalls with the a55g’s and hear the same things that you are hearing.  It’s a major improvement for me.  I do not detect any real change in efficiency .  I agree this is an easy to justify upgrade.

7 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

Are you guys changing out push terminal drivers or soldered lug drivers?

I've compared the new A55-g's to both styles and it was an improvement over both slightly less dramatic over the soldered lug but still an improvement to my ears.