Advertising on Facebook

Jeff Matthews

I have a personal FB account.  I want to advertise on it.  It seems FB will allow me to advertise a business via my personal account by simply entering the business name.  I can also create a page in my personal account.

My question is this:  Am I understanding the above correctly?  Is there a requirement, or is it better practice, to have a separate FB business account?

12 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I know nothing of said entity, but in general I would go separate.  You have already entered the gates of hell so take it for all it is worth.

Exactly! Facebook is NOTHING BUT an Advertising TOOL!!

I DELETED my Facebook account! But for a couple of YEARS before I did I started running FBPurity.com a FREE browser extension which BLOCKS Facebook ads AND gives you the Facebook User MUCH more control over YOUR Facebook account! Fluff Buster Purity - FBPurity.com! Facebook HATES FBPurity.com so badly that Facebook throws a fallacious ERROR when you try and post "FBPurity.com"!!! Try it and SEE!

John Kuthe, Climate Anarchist and FORMER Facebook+FBPurity.com user!

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/17/2021 at 9:04 AM, Schu said:

it going to make me leave the platform.

I left Facebook years ago without any doubt it was in-fact the best thing I ever did. This being said, I'm curious if folks that have used the platform for a long time can leave without having the heebie-jeebies ????

32 minutes ago, MyOwn said:

You are correct,

It is amazing "to me" the masses that have moved to this environment "for all information"

Sad to me...

Wait until you talk to the surreptitious mass marketers who obtain phone/geography info and teach you how to target that on social media and internet sites--CRAZY how much info they have access to. 🤤

• Like 1

Just Stop Using This Crap.

It is that simple, you don't even have to delete your account if you don't want.

Just forget about it, get it out of your brain, forget the withdrawals that will probably happen from forgetting about it.

Bad stuff it is.....

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/01/opinion/facebook-files-content-moderation-zuckerberg.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/30/technology/facebook-senate-hearing.html

• Like 1

On 10/1/2021 at 7:09 PM, JJkizak said:

I believe a Facebook account takes 30 days to delete.

Deleting it "I believe" Doesn't really matter. You delete it, they claim it is gone....LOL

09/13/10"They trust me — dumb fucks," says Zuckerberg in one of the instant messages...

In another exchange leaked to Silicon Alley Insider, Zuckerberg explained to a friend that his control of Facebook gave him access to any information he wanted on any Harvard student:

ZUCK: yea so if you ever need info about anyone at harvard
ZUCK: just ask
ZUCK: i have over 4000 emails, pictures, addresses, sns
FRIEND: what!? how’d you manage that one?
ZUCK: people just submitted it
ZUCK: i don’t know why
ZUCK: they “trust me”
ZUCK: dumb fucks

From my brief Facebook experience, when one deletes, it merely inactivates the account.  If you try to check back in to the Facebook, it reactivates your account.

Never been happier when I finally stayed away from Facebook, it is one big time suck at the best.  At the worst, (and most likely) it is greatly responsible for the prevalence of disinformation so common today.  Feel sorry for those with a business purpose who most likely have no choice in the matter.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 10 months later...