Can you connect the R-41PMs to a reciever?

miketoda

bought the R-41PM bookshelf speakers at Best Buy, not knowing they were designed to work without a receiver.  I figured that I would still be able to hook them up the traditional way.

But I hooked them up via speaker wire to my Onkyo TX-NR636 and it does not appear to be working.  Only sound is coming out of the left passive speaker.  Nothing out of the powered one.  Are these just not going to work at all?

There is no speaker level input on the right speaker so you won't be able to connect it that way.  Your Onkyo doesn't have main channel pre-amp outputs so you won't be able to connect them that way either.

What source(s) are you wanting to listen to them with?

6 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

There is no speaker level input on the right speaker so you won't be able to connect it that way.  Your Onkyo doesn't have main channel pre-amp outputs so you won't be able to connect them that way either.

What source(s) are you wanting to listen to them with?

Source?  Basically everything that is connected to my receiver.  Blu-ray, HDTV, phono, WiiU....