Excellent KLF30's where the rubber met the road.

Dave A

The guy should write satire. Love the comment on condition. It probably is worth it for drivers alone if you were close enough to go  check them out in person.

12 minutes ago, Dave A said:

bit damaging to the two top drivers but other than a couple scratches to the cabinet

8 hours ago, Dave A said:

And I quote.  Description

Two Klipsch reference tower speakers...a cat went tasmanian and it was a bit damaging to the two top drivers but other than a couple scratches to the cabinet they're in ...everything else

https://offerup.com/item/detail/643031486/

43bac14a07d54157a8dbf6212760fb73.jpg

😂, Rollie has just about anything for sale that you could possibly want. 

On 4/2/2019 at 8:39 AM, Dave A said:

wo Klipsch reference tower speakers...a cat went tasmanian and it was a bit damaging to the two top drivers but other than a couple scratches to the cabinet they're in ...everything else

I'd repair it with cat leather.

• Haha 1

You can get  woofers that are a close match of the K-31s from Bob Crites. Get his opinion on whether all four should be replaced. Since you have actual cabinets, you can also get replacements form Klipsch.

Personally, I would not bother with the suggested improvements.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PrestonTom said:

You can get  woofers that are a close match of the K-31s from Bob Crites. Get his opinion on whether all four should be replaced. Since you have actual cabinets, you can also get replacements form Klipsch.

Personally, I would not bother with the suggested improvements.

I can't understand that reasoning, Bob's Heresy II looking replacement woofers that fit a KLF would be the last option I would entertain.

On 4/2/2019 at 10:00 AM, avguytx said:

Aren't those the original woofers used/tested in the Jubilee's?

More than likely. Replacements are available. Why not get the real thing instead of an off brand of unknown properties? The K-31 is unique and yes it's part of the Jubilee bass horns.

• Like 1

I just ordered a new 4.5" poly dust cap, along with new rubber surrounds from online vendors. It's nice to see that rubber surrounds are more widely available now, instead of just the foam type. I still may end up needing a new woofer, we shall see. Thanks for all the input! 🙂

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

More than likely. Replacements are available. Why not get the real thing instead of an off brand of unknown properties? The K-31 is unique and yes it's part of the Jubilee bass horns.

The new replacement k-31 from Klipsch that I have seen use a standard paper cone and accordion surround like the Heresy woofers, not the same as the original graphite cones with rubber rolled surround. Crites woofers look the same as the factory replacements except with black paper cones IIRC, I would imagine going either route would work just fine but I personally would replace all 4 at once so they match. Once you figure the cost of replacing all 4 woofers that puts the Ciare woofer upgrade just a few bucks more for what appears to be a superior woofer, which is probably the route I would take if I were to buy 4 new woofers. 

• Like 3