OPPO 205 T.U.

AKD200

I got the 205 as soon as it was available.  Now it doesn't recognize any media I put in it form 4K to CD's.  I want to send it back for a refab but havrny seen on the webpage how to do this.  Do any of you OPPOISTS know what I'm missing?

Thanks much!

d

I would start with page 75 of the manual:

15. Reset Factory Defaults:

To reset all settings to the factory default value. This operation also sets BD-Live Network Access to be Off (details on page 79) and performs Erase Persistent Storage (details on page 74). However, the remote control code, parental control password and ratings will not be reset. This operation is only available when the playback is completely stopped or when there is no disc loaded.

• Erase Accounts and Settings – Resets all settings to their factory default values and removes all account information.

• Erase Settings – Resets all settings to their factory default values, but keeps account information.

If that doesn't work, just shoot them an e-mail at service@oppodigital.com

In my experience, they responded quickly and professionally.

Good luck :)

• Like 1

Agreed ^^^. The problem is that I prefer the picture and sound I get from 4K discs. At least I think I prefer disc over streaming.. 

With that said, I think the performance gap is shrinking everyday, if there is any kind of gap left at all. 

Amazon Prime 4k seems to be nearly as good as a physical disc but it’s really hard to see/hear and differences, without having them playing side by side.

I just wish I would have held on to the 4 Oppo players I have owned over the years, now that they are selling for these crazy numbers on the 2nd-hand markets! 😬

6 hours ago, Schu said:

Physical media is a dead medium... or it's certainly dying a slow death.

That depends on the genre of music.  

For the classical music and opera I love, Blu-ray audio/video discs featuring DTS-HD MA 5.1 surround-sound are my favorite consumer deliverable.  Ultra HD Blu-ray classical recordings are slowly becoming available.  (Pure Audio Blu-ray and SACD featuring surround-sound are my second choices.)

The state-of-the-art audio/video recordings of classical music that I like are not available via streaming.

Also, it's been a few years since I investigated streaming movies, but last time I checked there was a small fraction of titles available via streaming compared with discs.  Similar to music, it depends on the genre of movies you like. 

Moreover, IME, discs are much more reliable than streaming, and provide uncompromised audio and video quality.

Streaming + compression is pretty darn close to 4k, but if you have a nice system you can usually tell both in audio and video. Just watch some of the apple 4k reviews vs. blu-ray on youtube. I agree though it's a dying medium for sure, especially with 5g right around the corner - you can kiss blu-rays goodbye. Download a blu-ray in like 20s if you have a good connection.

Where can I download the following?

Rafael Frühbeck de Burgos Danish NSO

• Ludwig van Beethoven: Symphonies Nos. 1–9
  • Joaquín Rodrigo: Concierto de Aranjuez
  • Hector Berlioz: Symphonie fantastique, Op. 14
  • Richard Strauss: Eine Alpensinfonie (An Alpine Symphony), Op. 64, TrV 233

41+EYqMSRUL.jpg

My point is that the availability of downloads and streaming depends on genre.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2019 at 12:14 PM, Me Loves Khorns said:

has anyone heard or know if OPPO will ever start making products again?

I have their 105 model and love it.

Great product so far.

I wish they would just for the support aspect. I have a Sonica streamer/dac and it's a very nice piece. I listen to it just about every day.

41 minutes ago, robert_kc said:

Where can I download the following?

Rafael Frühbeck de Burgos Danish NSO

• Ludwig van Beethoven: Symphonies Nos. 1–9
  • Joaquín Rodrigo: Concierto de Aranjuez
  • Hector Berlioz: Symphonie fantastique, Op. 14
  • Richard Strauss: Eine Alpensinfonie (An Alpine Symphony), Op. 64, TrV 233

41+EYqMSRUL.jpg

My point is that the availability of downloads and streaming depends on genre.

I'm downloading it now. The method is less than scrupulous, but your point is only partially valid.

45 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

I'm downloading it now. The method is less than scrupulous, but your point is only partially valid.

I'd like to learn more.   I thought I had all of the classical on-line sites bookmarked, but I'd like to hear about more.  Can you provide a link to the seller?

Is the download uncompromised DTS-HD MA 5.0 audio and 1080p video?

Here's another Blu-ray box set that I think is excellent:

Jean Sibelius: Complete Symphonies

71Xp1l2S4oL._SX522_.jpg

There are other Blu-ray box sets of symphonies, plus of course many Blu-ray opera and ballet. 

I've downloaded some 24bit/192kHz FLAC classical recordings from HDTracks, but last time I checked they're audio only (no video), and stereo (no multi-channel).  I've seen a few DSD multi-channel classical downloads on other sites, but I haven't tried any.