turntable help

JAY993

I recently purchased Forte III's. My Rega turntable picks up the vibrations when the volume is up, cant crank it.

I put 3 anti vib pucks under the turntable at 700.00 each, 2100.00. no luck.

Any luck with a better turntable anyone?

• Like 1

Need a lot more information. 700.00 what each? 2100.00 what each? Where is the turntable positioned? What is happening exactly? Is the stylus losing its track? Are you getting some kind of feedback? How loudly are you playing the volume?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 4/3/2019 at 5:04 PM, JAY993 said:

I recently purchased Forte III's. My Rega turntable picks up the vibrations when the volume is up, cant crank it.

Technics 1200/1210s are pretty vibration resistant, one reason that DJs like them so much, but your issue should certainly be solvable without having to replace your turntable.  Isn't there an inflatable turntable support available?  That should absorb any bass thumps.

Have you checked your tracking force lately?  If it's too light, that could cause a problem.  Maybe adjust it to the top of the manufacturer's recommended range.

How close is your turntable to the speakers?  It's not on top of one, is it?

On 4/3/2019 at 8:04 PM, JAY993 said:

Haven't used a turntable in decades, but always had best results when it was sitting on something solid (heavy and dense - the exact opposite of anti-vibe pucks - and I never spent even a couple bucks on anything appropriate).  Though the first order of business is a location not subjected to low-frequency reenforcement in the first place.

On 4/3/2019 at 7:04 PM, JAY993 said:

If you REALLY want to acoustically isolate your TT then it should be in another ROOM! Preferably with a concrete floor like a basement.

I am very fortunate as I have my TT on a custom built fake fireplace mantle in m Hippie Pad in my basement and my 1969 Klipsch La Scalas in the other main finished room in my basement. And my unfinished laundry room is adjacent too! And a 1/2 bath in the basement just near one of my La Scalas! Best orchestrated bathroom I've had the pleasure of utilizing! :-)

John Kuthe, Climate Anarchist and La Scala Beneficiary!

I had to do what Shakey said. When my 60 pound dog comes in through the doggy door into my family room, I can feel the vibes through our wooden floors in our living room 50 feet away. My LP-12 sits on a SolidSteel wall mount 5 feet from the doggy door. I can literally jump up and down (lightly) in front of my TT and absolutly no effect on the TT. This particular mount is more spendy than others but works well for me. But way less than a new table. 45 year old wood floors. They aren't as tight as they used to be.

8 hours ago, ODS123 said:

I am unable to elicit ANY feedback whatsoever from my Technics SL-1210GR, even with my Cornwall tucked in a corner a mere 2 feet away..  I paid $1600 for new about a year ago.   It is a fabulous TT imho. 

IMG_0406.thumb.JPG.6028124499559d834aab0332cf87be5b.JPG

Beautiful turntable! And beautiful Cornwalls! :-)

Yeah I never get any feedback in my Audio Technica Pro but I have it in a separate ROOM from my La Scalas! 😉

John Kuthe...

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a R10SW sitting right beside my rack. My table is on a Pangea Vulcan rack with spiked feet setting on half inch saucers on a wood floor. No issues with feedback or tracking at high volume 120wpc. The rack also comes with polyurethane gaskets that are placed between the shelves for isolation. It's a great rack for the money. You can pick one up online at Audio Advisor for $100. 

• Like 1