Question / challenge for math wiz

joessportster

I want to take 3 panels 20" high and fit them onto a structure 50" Tall 

My thought take wood and cut 3 vertical beams angle the bottom back and the top beam forward with the center at 90 degree to the floor

Pic may make it easier to understand below.........................What I need is the angle indicated in the pic

angle.PNG

If you have the 3 wood panels you can easily set this up and measure the angles directly. Lay the panels flat, side by side on the floor against a wall. Then raise the 2 end panels until they fit the 50” measure. Mark the wall (covered w/paper of course) and measure the angles using a protractor or some such tool. 

Do you care about the dimension from front to back? And right now you have 3 pieces 20" in length and all with square edges? And remember if you want the pieces to all be the same depth at the angle joints you will have to figure the angle and make half of that angle cut on each piece.

Thanks Guys

Plan put an 18" driver on top and bottom for open baffle bass augmentation,  Put the 15" Full range in the center.  The diagram is a side view of the beams i will then place the panels with drivers on the inner side.  the lower bass driver will angle up slightly, the upper bass driver will angle down slightly and the FR driver in the center will set 90 degree to the floor firing straight out at the listener

at least thats the plan for now

depth front to back is of no consequence.

2 hours ago, hanksjim1 said:

Here you go:

https://www.triangle-calculator.com/?what=sss&a=20&b=15&c=13.228&submit=Solve

Assumption:

The height of each angled piece need to be 15" to end up with 50" total (given the center piece is 20" vertical)

yes center is 20  so the top and bottom would have 15" of rise but be 20" deep / long to fit the 18" drivers

2 hours ago, 314carpenter said:

In my experience the math will only get you close. For a perfect finish make a practice piece and template from that. Make sure you cut you miter joints at exactly the same angle no matter what. Cut it long and then....Fit,cut,fit,cut,fit,cut,etc.

Been here done that many times :) 

8 minutes ago, joessportster said:

I sure dont :) 

Now that you also know the lengths of all 3 sides, you better be sure your drivers and any other stuff can fit into the enclosure.  You didn't really say where the back would be.  Just be careful to know that you need to plan to where there is enough depth to install the components.