Thoughts on my Designer La Scalas and KLF 20s/30s

erik2A3

On 4/6/2019 at 8:17 AM, erik2A3 said:

Thank you both!  I'm glad you got your Heresies! :) 

If I was ever in the position to have to choose one, and only one pair of speakers to live with on this side of the soil, I would quickly ask for a pair of Klipsch Heresies Is, II, or IIIs -- PLEASE!

Ever since I first heard them in college but couldn't afford them, I've loved them.  I WILL have another pair, and this time hold on to them for good (which is really what I should do with this great pair of La Scalas.....)  We all have our own seemingly good reasons for selling components, but sometimes it's just better to just not.

I'm glad you guys who have responded like the pictures!

Schu,

I can post more pictures later.  Sides and tops are without flaws.  The one on the top back was shown.  Grain on sides has a horizontal orientation and really sort of unremarkable as far as wood grain goes, but hey! There 100% Klipsch La Scalas and Gluten Free!

• Haha 1

I hate to say this, but there was NEVER a "DECORATOR/DESIGNER" LaScala "model".  ON THE OTHER HAND, there were a very few produced, using finely-veneered panels in their construction.  Even when the Belle Klipsch speaker design came out, they still never called the LaScala a "decorator/Designer" model.  They either shipped just sanded "LSBR" designation, or with finishes requested after sanding them...such as stained (LSBS)or clear-lacquered (LSBL) or black (LSBB).  there were some made with black piano finish applied...or shot in white...in the industrial version, most were shipped black, textured black or fiber-glassed with black or white finish applied.  The LaScala was never DESIGNED to be offered as a finely veneered model for in-home use...that is what the Bell Klipsch was designed for, basically a dressed-up LaScala plan that got ABOUT the same performance as a LaScala has while utilizing a different mid-range horn  lens so that the cabinet could still meet the design parameters requiring the "golden mean" rule being involved in its aesthetics.

• Like 1

That is one pretty pair of LaScalas @erik2A3!

My opinion may not count for much weight but... replace the caps, go with Crites, or go full tilt ALK! Then get a sub or subs to compliment them.

If you were close, I'd be renting a van, packing my Fortes back into their boxes and trying to talk you into a trade!!

Hdbrbiilder: You needn't hate telling me any of that.  I said why I called them Designer La Scalas.  Everything else you mentioned regarding veneer is excellent info. to post.

John J. ;) I suspect I should have said, and maybe I did, that KLFs would be considered as a very significant PORTION of a trade.  And Fortes are awesome!  Thanks too for your advice for upgrades to the LSs.  I appreciate that.

• Like 2

Just now, erik2A3 said:

John J. ;) I suspect I should have said, and maybe I did, that KLFs would be considered as a very significant PORTION of a trade.  And Fortes are awesome!  Thanks too for your advice for upgrades to the LSs.  I appreciate that.

Yea, I hear you, I always have the habit of striving/conniving for more:dry:

Looking at adding the bass I'm looking for to my rig right now. F3's took me more that way, now I gotta have more of it!

• Thanks 1

So.  I truly LOVE these La Scalas.  To me they are both amazing-looking and sound incredible.  I have other more important considerations right now, and so selling them with the option of giving the buyer the use of a smaller pair of (Klipsch Heritage, Legend, or possibly other) speakers as part of the transaction would benefit both of us. 

I would like to open this to including a pair of Heresies as part of a transaction, and will allow up to $600 for a clean pair with only one dust cap smashed in on the woofers ;) The balance would then be $900.  For how we are listening to music right now, Heresies would be more than enough.

Again, I just can't think about shipping the La Scalas.  It's going to be enough for me just to get them into the back of our Tahoe.  But I'll drive within a 200 mile radius or so to deliver.  Sorry about that.

***Please Note:  This post has been edited in the interest of brevity and in order to stay more on topic.

Edited by erik2A3

Schu,

I definitely appreciate the offer, and I think those have great potential.  While I'm sure they sound great, I'm not sure I would feel comfortable offering $600 for them, and I guess that's really more along the lines of what I have in mind.