Thoughts on my Designer La Scalas and KLF 20s/30s

erik2A3

JohnJ,

When you mentioned your Forte's, I for some reason didn't catch the IIIs.  Wow, thanks for that!  Just in terms of space, I think they would have been perfect.  And you have the boxes too. That was totally reasonable, and not 'conniving in any way.

• Haha 1

Cool, and let me tell you, the F3s are very nice. If you goto the original thread on them from early 2017 everything said about the exceptional imaging of the midrange through the "mumps" horn is true, so the mids and highs are spot on, then the bass is good & tight by itself and lower that the LS without that great big punch to your gut.

Had them up here for a couple of weeks without a bite, just ordered a sub this afternoon that should dig down to 18hz with three set eq variants and I can make more.

So I'll be set, just making my rig a 2.1 setup now. Good luck with your plans!

All of that is very impressive!  As a former drummer and present dabbler, Klipsch was the only speaker, when I was searching, that got the full thwack of a snare drum right.  They are so often described as 'bright' or as a party speaker, though professional reviewers have recently published extremely positive comments about a number of different models.  And when we had Klipschorns, snare drum and everything else was just amazing.

So! Thanks again for your interest and positive remarks, John.

• Like 1

Based on the greatly appreciated responses of other forum members, I've decided to put this sale temporarily on hold for the time being.  Some contributors to this thread have multiple pairs of Klipsch speakers and so are familiar with their different sonics, and as JohnJ mentioned above, the Forte' might be exactly what we are looking for -- or the KLF 20 or 30; or RF 7s (first edition because of what I've read (not personally heard) about their more pronounced or sharper mid and high frequency response.  Of course a really clean pair of Heresies, preferably earlier versions, are also on the table.  I know what they sound like and really like them.

In the past, when topics like this have come up on this forum or elsewhere, I have always suggested to others that they compare for themselves before making a decision.  I need to take my own advice and make an effort to do the same.

If there are readers of this thread who have not posted but have an opinion they might like to share personally, PLEASE feel free to send me a PM or two or three or four!  I would greatly value and love to hear your thoughts.  Thanks in advance!

em