RP-8000F

hamer

Hi All;

please i need your help, i am building my music system with a pair of RP8000-F, but i need some help to choose the amplifier:

- one option is to use the Parasound 2125v2 150 Watt Stereo,

- and the other is to use the Russound A2100 | Half Rack Digital 2 Channel Amplifier + Yamaha WXC-50 Music Cast Audio Component Preamplifier Dark Silver,

Additionally i would like to add a subwoofer. Thanks

@hamer,

Welcome to the forum.

9 hours ago, hamer said:

please i need your help, i am building my music system with a pair of RP8000-F, but i need some help to choose the amplifier:

- one option is to use the Parasound 2125v2 150 Watt Stereo,

The Parasound 2125v2 is a wonderful amplifier that punches way above it's weight class.  Should be a fine mate to the RP-8000Fs.

Bill

• Thanks 1

I second the choice of Parasound. I have had nothing but great experience with a number of their amps. At 98db sensitivity, it won’t take many watts to drive your speakers. I had great results with the tiny Parasound zAmp on a pair of RF-63’s. 

• Thanks 1

I looked up the Yamaha unit and except for maybe being a tad behind the times in Wifi specs it certainly looks like a like a useful piece of gear.  Not having a preference between the amplifiers, I'd be inclined to go with the second package listed, if the two options are the only ones available to choose from.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, willland said:

@hamer,

Welcome to the forum.

The Parasound 2125v2 is a wonderful amplifier that punches way above it's weight class.  Should be a fine mate to the RP-8000Fs.

Bill

Thanks Bill, I was trying to find an amplifier in that range of price, what I want is to get the best from the speakers 

9 hours ago, glens said:

I looked up the Yamaha unit and except for maybe being a tad behind the times in Wifi specs it certainly looks like a like a useful piece of gear.  Not having a preference between the amplifiers, I'd be inclined to go with the second package listed, if the two options are the only ones available to choose from.

Thanks !! I have some doubts about the amplifier Of the second option, which gives 100w per channel, but I may be wrong if that one is enough for the speakers 

I'm using a NAD C338 (50 class D Watts x 2) to drive a pair of Forte III in a fairly large room.  It has DLNA and Chromecast built in.  (Streaming ripped CDs is so much better than using a dedicated player.)  It takes up little space due to a smaller chassis and never even hardly gets warm, even when abusing my hearing (or just filling the house with music) for an extended time.  If those 2 amps you're considering are each capable-enough in terms of quality I doubt you'd hear the difference in power output side-by-side.  But that's not to say one might not "sound better" than the other anyway, I can't say...

I know that back in the day I payed a couple bucks more for an HK 40 wpc integrated because it "played" noticeably better than 60 wpc Technics, etc. gear...

15 hours ago, willland said:

Not these Yamahas with these Klipsch.;):P

Related imageRelated image

Image result for klipsch RB-75 test the best

Bill

If you can find a warm Yamaha (hard).  Also lots of current and damping factor if you want good bass.  Parasound or NAD stuff if you want to stay relatively inexpensive.

1 hour ago, pzannucci said:

If you can find a warm Yamaha (hard). 

I actually prefer neutral, or referred to by Yamaha as "natural sound".  The flagship(A-S3000) and next to flagship(A-S2100) are often described as warmish due to the use of mosfet output transistors.

Also lots of current and damping factor if you want good bass. 

Plenty of current for thumping bass to drive my RF-63s wonderfully also.

Parasound or NAD stuff if you want to stay relatively inexpensive.

:emotion-21::emotion-21:

Bill

23 hours ago, willland said:

I actually prefer neutral, or referred to by Yamaha as "natural sound".  The flagship(A-S3000) and next to flagship(A-S2100) are often described as warmish due to the use of mosfet output transistors.

Plenty of current for thumping bass to drive my RF-63s wonderfully also.

:emotion-21::emotion-21:

Bill

Not disagreeing on any of the points.  Most folks buy Yamaha receivers and few buy Yamaha's top of line components.  

People tend to make their speakers their most expensive audio purchase vs. multiples of speaker purchase price toward a two channel amplification (upper end Yamaha integrated) which is why I mentioned the others.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

@JoeJesel,

Welcome to the forum.

14 hours ago, JoeJesel said:

Hello everyone I wanna know what amplifier will be able to drive my Klipsch RP 8000F Towers at 600rms constant!? any suggestions

Your RP-8000Fs are so efficient they will never see/feel 600 RMS and besides the 600w spec is peak power handling.  They are rated at 150w RMS.

A high current 75w/ch amplifier will have enough horsepower to drive you out of the room.

Are your RF-8000Fs for a stereo rig or a multichannel HT rig?

How large is your room?

Bill

Parasound or Marantz (I have an SR 7013 and two Hypex NC400’s for my RP8000’s) will make your speakers shine with amazing warmth and musical sound. They’re a great fit. Neutral sounding amps (like the Yamaha) can’t compare. And if anyone says they prefer luke-warm coffee to hot and full-bodied - well, there’s your answer. 

OP, of the options you mentioned, Parasound is where it’s at. 

Edited by johanness
Spelling

• 5 weeks later...

Everybody have a nice day !

I also have bought a pair of Klipsch RP8000F floorstanding loudspeakers. Since I have a Marantz NA6006 network player I would buy a Marantz PM8006 amplifier (this is about where my budget ends).

Please inform me whether the Marantz PM8006 has enough power (70 W/ch., 8 Ohm) to drive the Klipsch RP8000F without causing the speakers harm ?

Thank You,

Regards, Berkes Attila.

@drberkes,

Welcome to the forum.

The Marantz PM8006 will be just fine unless you are trying to fill a huge room with high volumes.  My Yamaha A-S1000(90w/ch) has an easy time with my RB-75s in a 3500ft3 as well as with my RF-63s in a 5000ft3 room.

Bill

@willand

Thank You for helping. I calculate You approximately have a 6x6 m 2.5 m high and a 7x8 m 2.5 m high room,

that is roughly 97 m3 and 139 m3 respectively. My "audio room" is 5x6 m and 2.5 m high that is 75 m3 what is 

about 2700 ft3 (hope my calculation is right).

Incidentally, I temporarily use a nearly thirty years old Yamaha AX570 amp.(100 W/ch.) with my new components(the Klipsch and the Marantz).I wonder what difference the Marantz PM8006 is going to make.

Otherwise, wow, Your gear is quite jaw dropping.

Regards, Berkes Attila.