RP160M experience

mcp

I had strayed away from Klipsch for a little while, but decided recently to start looking for another pair of Heresy II’s to rebuild a family room system. I wasn’t having much luck, so I decided to buy a pair of RP160M’s locally on CL for the interim. Almost immediately I was struck by how smooth theses speakers sounded and how fantastically dynamic the are for their size. I added an Elac 3010 subwoofer with Auto EQ and a used NAD D3020 v2 amp and the sound is incredible. I’ve never experienced such great sound in a sub $1k system! I urge anyone who is looking for a great pair of stand mounted speakers to at least audition the 160’s or the newer 600’s. Well done Klipsch. Just amazing...not sure now if I still will buy Heresy’s...

I agree for what these are they punch way above their size and price. Glad you are back in the Klipsch family enjoy your new setup. It never hurts to try different speakers so I would still pursue finding a set of Heresy's. My personal preference in the Heresy line is h3 then H1 and H2. Good luck in your journey....we love pics by the way :)

I would be remiss if I didn’t point out what a great value the Elac subwoofer represents. Bought it new for $350 and have no regrets. The Auto EQ removed some nasty peaks in this room that had me giving up on subwoofers in the past. Maybe the easiest blending of sub/speakers that I have ever experienced. I don’t have the ability to high pass the RP160’s, but it works nonetheless.

I live in Europe, where Klipsch Heritage speakers are rather expensive and pre-owned ones extremely rare. If it wasn't for that, I'd definitely go for Heresy speakers. But instead, I have to do with my RP160Ms, which are more affordable.

I have always loved music, but it's only recently that I started being interested in better than average gear. The RP160M speakers certainly allow to discover good music and they are a great introduction to the world of 'tube rolling'.

25 minutes ago, LeftEyeShooter said:

I live in Europe, where Klipsch Heritage speakers are rather expensive and pre-owned ones extremely rare. If it wasn't for that, I'd definitely go for Heresy speakers. But instead, I have to do with my RP160Ms, which are more affordable.

I have always loved music, but it's only recently that I started being interested in better than average gear. The RP160M speakers certainly allow to discover good music and they are a great introduction to the world of 'tube rolling'.

Yes, tubes and Klipsch are a natural match. I had a Quad VA-One integrated last year and wish I had it back to pair with the 160’s.

Great looking, clean setup. Thanks for posting a picture.

I really enjoy my KG 2.5s, HK 730, and Sunfire sub. The room is farthest from our bedrooms and gets a lot of use at night.

Look forward to hearing some of the newer Klipsch Reference bookshelf models.

Keep checking local sales for a Heresy pair. Always fun to compare models side by side.

MCP you will like the rp160 for sure.

Ironically I just sold mine to finance a Heresy purchase. 

had them for about a year, but the heresies popped up close by and I had to jump on them. They are rare after all.

Enjoy the 160s, and don't rush. keep and eye out for Heritage sales and something will come

On 4/6/2019 at 8:42 AM, mcp said:

Can I ask why you prefer the H1’s over the H2’s?

Personal preference I guess. To me they just had a little better "balance" than the H2's I had. Also I found the original H1 to have a little better bass response to the H2's. You can't go wrong with any version IMO.