Jill sold her home because her Klipschorns didn’t fit

Youthman

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, Schu said:

That looks to be roughly 13'-15'... what's the problem?

I think that is the new home, so for sure no problem.  She said she hits that couch everyday after work and enjoys the music.

Radiohead, Wilco, indie rock. 

I got goosebumps hearing the story as she talks about having goosebumps the first time she heard them.

Travis 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LeftEyeShooter said:

Face it: Anniversary Edition Khorns are for lawyers, dentist, doctors and Klipsch managment.

Maybe she got them at cost, which many companies offer to employees.:unsure:  Instead of just her 401K retirement fund contributions, maybe she had a Klipschorn fund she added to each paycheck?:unsure:  Maybe her husband has a rocking great high paying job?:unsure:  Maybe she is upper management at Klipsch?:unsure:  Maybe she has saved $$$ for the last 10 years?:unsure:

I say good for her.:emotion-21::D

5 hours ago, LeftEyeShooter said:

(I may get banned for this, I guess, on a Sunday!)

I doubt that, you seem pretty harmless.:smile:

Bill

• Like 2

i didn't sell my house because my klipschorns wouldn't fit but back in 2015 i did pick out a ranch house plan and had it built because of a 4' wall to fit them.

my wife had 3 business associates over recently and they came in and said what are those and she said speakers, my husband bought this house to to fit the speakers. one of them said thats crazy and she said NO he's crazy. best thing she ever said about me

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LeftEyeShooter said:

I just wonder how many Klipsch workers can actually afford Khorns... I bet Jill must be in upper-management at Klipsch.

Reminds me of the Audi plant in Ghent (Belgium), where the factory workers' parking lot mostly is filled with Peugot and Citroen cars... while the management owns the big, fat Audis.

Face it: Anniversary Edition Khorns are for lawyers, dentist, doctors and Klipsch managment.

(I may get banned for this, I guess, on a Sunday!)

I was a lowly detailer/draftsman doing Printed Circuit boards after college. I got a bank loan to buy my KCBR horns in 1977 (luckily made with ALL Baltic Birch). My buddies got loans to buy Camaros and Mustangs. They thought I was nuts. To them I said: "Ill still have my horns long after your cars are in the rustpile at the local junk yard." I was right. Had my Khorns for over 30 years. I did pay cash for the Center LaScala, though. Today's prices on new Khorns is EXACTLY the same as it was over 40 years ago, it's just that the MONEY is worth that much less!!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

That's ^ too funny. They are not that expensive which is why she was able to buy them. 

I'm pretty sure ANY Klipsch employee can get them at half price, regardless of their title and position, which is way cheaper than a CAR.

Either way, Jill is an exceptional woman, like my wife was, about Khorns, since she co-signed for my loan right before our honeymoon, so I could order them.

• Like 2

My comment on the video is that, even it Gutenberg made is sound "oh so rare," people have all kinds of criteria for buying a house. Maybe they want a 3-car garage, more land, etc. so it's not that big of a deal to want 2 good corners for Khorns and is not that hard to find if it's on your List!!

My JBL 4311 studio monitors cost me $329 each in the early '70s. that would make them cost, due to inflation (the dollar is actually worth less) a bit over $4,000 a pair. I think I was making about $85 a week at the time.

Bruce

• Moderators
1 hour ago, LeftEyeShooter said:

The average yearly income for a female in the USA is $30.000. That 's two sets of Khorns.
This puts things in perspective.
The OP edited his post. First she was 'Jill', now she's Sr Communication Manager.

My remark was genuine and respectful, which can't be said about some reactions.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn 5047U met Tapatalk

I believe it is genuine (from you), for whatever reason you seem to think it's might not be. Always seem to look for the negative, but that's your choice.  

Her name is Jill and she is the communications manager, my wife and I know her and anyone who goes to pilgrimage had a chance to meet her.

Klipsch employees get a GREAT discount on whatever they want to buy, always have and many employees have taken advantage of it.  

That's Jill, it's how Jill is every time you talk with her, It's not made up for an interview.

This Is Jill at Pilgrimage petting one of Rodney's dogs, with probably 100 other people there, it's just for proof I didn't make this up.

The whole thing is really a promotional stunt to get people to sell their houses and buy one that fits Klipschorns, that sounds more reasonable than her story being true.

I'm not upset with you at all, the insinuations just all seemed silly.

I don't think Jill has even seen this picture, it's just one of many during pilgrimage.

pilgrimage_2018-20.JPG

• Like 4

• Moderators
5 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

My comment on the video is that, even it Gutenberg made is sound "oh so rare," people have all kinds of criteria for buying a house.

I don't think Steve thought wanting a house with good corners was rare....being willing to sell your home just so that you can have a home that fit the speakers you just bought is rare indeed. I love Klipsch and Klipschorns. I don't have corners in my living room but I certainly would not sell my home to buy one that did. I think it's awesome that she did though.