904 LF i think $150 great deal

Heritage_Head

There is a complete 904 single for sale here in Denver now this.  How hard would it be to find parts to make this a complete 904 to make a pair with the other one?   I'd need the horn/driver and a crossover right?   What would those parts cost and can they be found without too much trouble?    Tempting.

4 hours ago, jvs1670 said:

There is a complete 904 single for sale here in Denver now this.  How hard would it be to find parts to make this a complete 904 to make a pair with the other one?   I'd need the horn/driver and a crossover right?   What would those parts cost and can they be found without too much trouble?    Tempting.

If you get this and the single for a good price I would not hesitate you will be hard pressed to find something better for the cost. I have a spare set that I did the exact same (gathered parts over months), I will soon be putting that pair up for sale.

4 hours ago, jvs1670 said:

I would jump all over this for $500. You will be getting 2-904 bass bins with xovers and 1-510 horn with driver. All you will need is 1-510 horn with driver.

I know where there's a single (1 only) top section that's for sale but not listed anywhere, yet.  Not sure what they'd want for it but probably a reasonable price, located in southern California.  It has the passive crossover (for KPT-335/435 speakers), K-510 horn w/ K-69-A driver and K-703 horn w/ K-70-G driver plus mounting brackets. 

Not sure about posting their contact info here so PM me if interested and I'll pass it on.

8 hours ago, davis419b said:

I would jump all over this for $500. You will be getting 2-904 bass bins with xovers and 1-510 horn with driver. All you will need is 1-510 horn with driver.

So I won't need to look for a crossover too?  It's already in the bass bin?

It's not in any of his pictures but he may have it loose from the top section or I have seen some mounted on the side of the bass bin near the binding posts.  Looks like this and would be mounted on the outside somewhere, not inside.

image.png.90a3ed3e7061796758f48ab6f2ddaa31.png

image.png.b7fe2a30af0656d8bbccc2bda9fc620b.png

2 hours ago, jvs1670 said:

So I won't need to look for a crossover too?  It's already in the bass bin?

Both ads say they come with the crossover. Try to get serial numbers so you can determine if they are the same. It appears the same guy owns both of them which is a good thing.

3 hours ago, Heaterman said:

I know where there's a single (1 only) top section that's for sale but not listed anywhere, yet.  Not sure what they'd want for it but probably a reasonable price, located in southern California.  It has the passive crossover (for KPT-335/435 speakers), K-510 horn w/ K-69-A driver and K-703 horn w/ K-70-G driver plus mounting brackets. 

Not sure about posting their contact info here so PM me if interested and I'll pass it on.

I believe your 510 horns are newer and made from a composite material not metal so I am not sure how well they would work together.

So bad news, it's the same speaker.  I was hoping to make a pair between the 2 listings.  The owner is listing the speaker a couple different ways to try and find an interested party.  He's a good guy though, I bought Lascalas from him a few years ago, still loving them too.