Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
Heritage_Head

904 LF i think $150 great deal

Recommended Posts

Has the preferred drivers in it as well......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2019 at 4:11 AM, rockhound said:

Has the preferred drivers in it as well......

How can you tell?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jvs1670 said:

How can you tell?  

The rippled cone is older and digs a bit deeper than the new ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a complete 904 single for sale here in Denver now this.  How hard would it be to find parts to make this a complete 904 to make a pair with the other one?   I'd need the horn/driver and a crossover right?   What would those parts cost and can they be found without too much trouble?    Tempting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can buy the 904 top (driver/horn/the flange the horn sits on that swivels and screws into bass cab). It would look a little different then the one in Denver. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jvs1670 said:

There is a complete 904 single for sale here in Denver now this.  How hard would it be to find parts to make this a complete 904 to make a pair with the other one?   I'd need the horn/driver and a crossover right?   What would those parts cost and can they be found without too much trouble?    Tempting.

If you get this and the single for a good price I would not hesitate you will be hard pressed to find something better for the cost. I have a spare set that I did the exact same (gathered parts over months), I will soon be putting that pair up for sale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jvs1670 said:

There is a complete 904 single for sale here in Denver now this.  How hard would it be to find parts to make this a complete 904 to make a pair with the other one?   I'd need the horn/driver and a crossover right?   What would those parts cost and can they be found without too much trouble?    Tempting.

 

 

I would jump all over this for $500. You will be getting 2-904 bass bins with xovers and 1-510 horn with driver. All you will need is 1-510 horn with driver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know where there's a single (1 only) top section that's for sale but not listed anywhere, yet.  Not sure what they'd want for it but probably a reasonable price, located in southern California.  It has the passive crossover (for KPT-335/435 speakers), K-510 horn w/ K-69-A driver and K-703 horn w/ K-70-G driver plus mounting brackets. 

 

Not sure about posting their contact info here so PM me if interested and I'll pass it on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, davis419b said:

 

 

I would jump all over this for $500. You will be getting 2-904 bass bins with xovers and 1-510 horn with driver. All you will need is 1-510 horn with driver.

So I won't need to look for a crossover too?  It's already in the bass bin?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not in any of his pictures but he may have it loose from the top section or I have seen some mounted on the side of the bass bin near the binding posts.  Looks like this and would be mounted on the outside somewhere, not inside.

 

image.png.90a3ed3e7061796758f48ab6f2ddaa31.png

 

 

 

image.png.b7fe2a30af0656d8bbccc2bda9fc620b.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jvs1670 said:

So I won't need to look for a crossover too?  It's already in the bass bin?

 

Both ads say they come with the crossover. Try to get serial numbers so you can determine if they are the same. It appears the same guy owns both of them which is a good thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Heaterman said:

I know where there's a single (1 only) top section that's for sale but not listed anywhere, yet.  Not sure what they'd want for it but probably a reasonable price, located in southern California.  It has the passive crossover (for KPT-335/435 speakers), K-510 horn w/ K-69-A driver and K-703 horn w/ K-70-G driver plus mounting brackets. 

 

Not sure about posting their contact info here so PM me if interested and I'll pass it on.

 

I believe your 510 horns are newer and made from a composite material not metal so I am not sure how well they would work together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are correct, these are composite.  Didn't know they made metal ones too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So bad news, it's the same speaker.  I was hoping to make a pair between the 2 listings.  The owner is listing the speaker a couple different ways to try and find an interested party.  He's a good guy though, I bought Lascalas from him a few years ago, still loving them too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...