Ad Pulled - No longer for sale...

Escher

I purchased these last summer and completely refurbed them - All new drivers from Crites plus new crossovers.

Original Drivers and X-overs are included.

Update list:

"A/4500" crossovers... 

CT120 tweeters

A55G midrange drivers

CW1526C Cast woofers

New midrange driver to horn gaskets

Looking to get my investment back out of them - so priced accordingly.

Here is my build thread:

They are currently setup in my Den and can be auditioned easily.

Will also consider trades for similar condition LaScala's.

- Chris

K-Horn-Finished-1.jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

they won't fit in my car.

That would be true.  Go to Uhaul and get a 5x8 enclosed trailer for twenty bucks.  The trailer is low to the ground and is easy to load.

Take cardboard, straps or rope.  Buy or rent some moving blankets.  If you have to them a long way on a concrete driveway or sidewalk a mover's dolly can be helpful.  Moving 175 pound Khorns is a two-man job.  Once you get them inside one person can slide them on carpet or put them on large beach towels or moving blankets to move on a wood floor.

This is a long road trip.  Take a friend.  B)

Also - Plan on a couple of hours - these are downstairs in my den and were built up there.  At the very least - I recommend we take the top hats and grilles off for safe keeping...

I do have a small dolly that we can use to get the bass bins upstairs.

Also - agree - an enclosed U-Haul is the best choice - I moved them in my minivan and that was before I rebuilt them... they wouldn't withstand the trip again without serious disassembly.

Also - In the spirit of full disclosure - Understand that these are 50 year old speakers.. Cosmetically, they are very good - but there are blemishes.. and one of the grille frames I patched back together as it was broken when I got it - it needs to be rebuilt, but its functional..  Also - as you can see in the pics - the grille cloth is frayed at the edges from age. 

I also can't guarantee the function of the original drivers - mids and woofers seemed ok... but the tweeters probably need new diaphragms..  Hence why I opted to just update everything..

I would just hate someone to come from a long distance and waste their time expecting cosmetic perfection.  Sound wise - I honestly believe these are the best you will ever find outside of some of the crazy horn mods from Volti Audio - with the updates, they will rival anything new.... 

Understood. Probably similar condition as my lascalas. I was thinking of renting a Subarban, but they would have to be disassembled. At least the top hats. Also, my son is still in college, so we might not be able to get out there for a few weeks. How's your storage if necessary?

If a miracle happened and I found a set of LaScala's before you have a chance to pick them up - I could get them in my garage for the time being.. now that winter is pretty much over, I can pull my small trailer out and set it in the side yard.

I do have another interested party as well, but nothing set in stone yet.

That being said - If you (or anyone else) wants to audition and buy these, I can hang on to them for a couple weeks until you can pick them up.  As I said, I will just move them out to the garage for storage.  Thats where they lived for a month after I initially purchased them..

How ever you chose to move them, I would suggest taking the top hats off. It is much easier to handle these when separated, and it's a simple thing to remove them.

I rented a Dodge Caravan from Enterprise and they fit perfectly. The back seats disappear into the floorboard essentially making it a cargo van. And much cheaper than renting a cargo van.

Shakey