Ad Pulled - No longer for sale...

Escher

31 minutes ago, Shakeydeal said:

How ever you chose to move them, I would suggest taking the top hats off. It is much easier to handle these when separated, and it's a simple thing to remove them.

I rented a Dodge Caravan from Enterprise and they fit perfectly. The back seats disappear into the floorboard essentially making it a cargo van. And much cheaper than renting a cargo van.

Shakey

These aren’t your grandmas K-Horns.  

These are unfinished decorators in handmade custom cabinetry shells... nothing on these comes apart easily... but it can be done.  Top hats were originally glued and screwed... then broke years ago... now screwed together with angle brackets inside...  because I knew I’d need to take them apart again.

Edit for clarity:

When I say "top hats"  I mean the top hat cabinetry.   The actual drivers and mounting board are separate and slide in through the back and are screwed into place... easy to remove.

Not gonna lie - I do love these things - you guys are starting to make me waver in my decision...

Folks - sorry about this, but the only reason these were listed was a hail mary in hopes I could snag that set of LaScala's that sold last night here locally...  I honestly don't want to sell them and just have cash to sit on for months waiting - and I'm not in the position to drive across multiple states searching..

So - I'm gonna hit stop on this.  Before people start making big plans and such.. 

Sorry for the waste of bandwidth..  If things change, I'll repost...

4 minutes ago, Escher said:

Folks - sorry about this, but the only reason these were listed was a hail mary in hopes I could snag that set of LaScala's that sold last night here locally...  I honestly don't want to sell them and just have cash to sit on for months waiting - and I'm not in the position to drive across multiple states searching..

So - I'm gonna hit stop on this.  Before people start making big plans and such.. 

No worries - plenty of us have done similar. I had a three way buy/sell going in order to get my La Scalas a couple years ago. I drove 9 hours round trip to deliver some items I had to sell in order to buy mine, then drove 8 hours round trip the following weekend to buy them. Lots "are you ABSOLUTELY sure?" messages on both deals to make sure I wasn't left in the middle without anything usable.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Escher said:

I'm just curious. If you have the room for Klipschorns, why were you looking to replace them with Lascalas? Doesn't seem like a logical move?

Shakey

23 minutes ago, Shakeydeal said:

I'm just curious. If you have the room for Klipschorns, why were you looking to replace them with Lascalas? Doesn't seem like a logical move?

Shakey

I really *don't* have room for them... but the biggest reason is I just love La Scala's as they were my first experience with Klipsch (My first pair I got for $550 in very good condition)....they hold a special place for me as my first foray into Horns..

What I'm going to do now is pull the Shells off these and see about adding backs so I can get them out of the corner - the shells add about 6" to the height and about 2" to the width - so it will buy me some room.  Then I'll reevaluate for a bit...  If I throw backs on them, these will be very close to what I had with LaScala's and I can adjust position and pull them out of the corners.....  thats the thinking anyway...