The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
babadono

Coffee--Burr Grinder

There will be a burr grinder (electric not hand cranked) available at Rodney's. If anyone wants to bring their own favorite special coffee beans to enjoy or share. Since small quantities of coffee have been available in past years I am assuming there is a coffee pot there.

… o O (coffee and 4 day's of the Klipsch pilgrimage has crossed my mind) …. I was just going to bring my $15 Mr Coffee maker thing... kinda as an upgrade from the motel thing sittin' on the counter in the room... I couldn't fathom driving around Hope Arkansas huntin' down the aroma of hot donuts and bacon. for 4 day's in a row lol....

19 minutes ago, dtel's wife said:

Rodney now has a Bunn commercial grade coffee maker, courtesy of forum member @Cstrau  

Very nice!  It'll get a work out.  I'm assuming there's plenty of filters?

1 hour ago, dtel's wife said:

Rodney now has a Bunn commercial grade coffee maker, courtesy of forum member @Cstrau  

If I was going.....sigh!

202033_1_1_1.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

I'm assuming there's plenty of filters?

I would guess so, I know he uses it, I had him laughing at me. When working at the museum in the evening when we finished and tired, Craig and I would go back to Rodney's and I would drink the rest of the coffee left. The first time he jumped up and said hey that's from this morning let me make you some fresh coffee, he just shook his head and laughed when I told him no this is fine, I don't care.

I would drink a couple of big styrofoam cups and if I looked at him he would just shake his head and smile. When your dead tired your not particular,  and I am not to start with, as long as it's not burnt flavored or weak I'm good.

If I remember correctly it looks like this, I know it can keep a pot on the top warm and it's pretty big. Craig gave it to Rodney when we were there a couple of weeks ago, Rodney got fired up saying he wanted a good coffee maker and even looked at the Bunn, he made room for it on a shelf along the wall opposite the bar. 

021-332000015_large.jpg

• Like 1

I bought a Kitchen Aid Coffee Mill off Ebay, a Kitchen Aid/"Hobart" burr grinder from the 1940's that STILL WORKS WELL!!!!

And was MADE HERE IN THE USA!!  Troy Ohio to be precise!! It's CAST into IRON BASE!!

NOT MADE IN CHINA!!!

John Kuthe, Climate Anarchist and BUYS MADE IN USA Whenever Possible!