Cornwalls - placement on hardwood floors?

Chiliarches

Howdy all - 

I have a pair of late Cornwall I's with risers and little metal sliders on the bottom of the risers.  They are currently on the hardwood floor of my basement (which is on a subfloor on the foundation), and while I can get them fairly stable (by sticking coasters under the sliders and such), it's never quite perfect, and I suspect my speakers are moving microscopically during loud passages.

Is there a "best practice" solution for placing these speakers so they are rock-solid on a hardwood floor without HARMING the floor? I don't want to use spikes directly on it.

Rubber feet, brass feet, spikes into little trays, spikes into another slab of wood that's on the floor, rubber feet on top of a piece of granite..?  I'm looking for a "high value" and simple solution that won't require anything exotic and will make these speakers absolutely stable.

Thank you for your help!

1 hour ago, Chiliarches said:

Howdy all - 

I have a pair of late Cornwall I's with risers and little metal sliders on the bottom of the risers.  They are currently on the hardwood floor of my basement (which is on a subfloor on the foundation), and while I can get them fairly stable (by sticking coasters under the sliders and such), it's never quite perfect, and I suspect my speakers are moving microscopically during loud passages.

Is there a "best practice" solution for placing these speakers so they are rock-solid on a hardwood floor without HARMING the floor? I don't want to use spikes directly on it.

Rubber feet, brass feet, spikes into little trays, spikes into another slab of wood that's on the floor, rubber feet on top of a piece of granite..?  I'm looking for a "high value" and simple solution that won't require anything exotic and will make these speakers absolutely stable.

Thank you for your help!

rubber mat

I use Herbies audio labs big fat dots which I place four under the risers of my Cornwalls.  Two in the front and two in the back.  They are 1/4” high and isolate the speaker from the floor and they keep the speaker stable.  These work really well for me and are not very expensive.