Side surrounds for RF7iii's and RC64iii??? RP502s or RP600M???

jordan122345

Ok got the fronts, center, sub, and amps setup and they sound amazing. For now while I have the system upstairs for a few months up to 6 months. So I am gonna do just a 5.1 setup and need side surrounds ot appears vs rear surrounds correct? I am looking at most likely looking between the RP600M's or the RP502's. Looks like they both come in walnut which is the same color on the towers and center I got. When I get the system in the finished basement I will do a 7.1 with atmos but for now the 5.1 what rears work best? Thanks as always 

You can use direct radiating ones on the sides and technically those are most correct for an Atmos system, but you really need some space if you are going to do that, a single horn firing into your ear from 3 feet away isn't exactly the most comfortable thing ever.  The 502S is much more comfortable.  

6 hours ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

You can use direct radiating ones on the sides and technically those are most correct for an Atmos system, but you really need some space if you are going to do that, a single horn firing into your ear from 3 feet away isn't exactly the most comfortable thing ever.  The 502S is much more comfortable.  

Awesome thank you as always for the help. 

@jordan122345 - I ended up going 502s for both my rears and rear side surrounds because my couch in my current setup is right next to the wall behind it, and to the side. If I had more space behind me, like 5ft - I would have gone with the 500m or 600m. Side note - @MetropolisLakeOutfitters hooked me up with my speakers. Great service and prices!

Hope this helps!

5 hours ago, spencersmb said:

@jordan122345 - I ended up going 502s for both my rears and rear side surrounds because my couch in my current setup is right next to the wall behind it, and to the side. If I had more space behind me, like 5ft - I would have gone with the 500m or 600m. Side note - @MetropolisLakeOutfitters hooked me up with my speakers. Great service and prices!

Hope this helps!

I kinda figured I would end up with 2 sets of 502's but I figured i would get some opinions. Does the walnut veneer match well with the walnut wood of the rf7s and rc64 that is the question. Also what's a good wall mount for them so I can kinda angle them a bit?