An Unofficial Klipsch Jubilee Buyer's Guide

Chris A

On 4/11/2019 at 10:41 AM, Chris A said:

Note (24 April 2021):  This thread has been overcome by events (OBE).  I do not currently recommend spending much time in this thread (created by myself), as the supply of the loudspeakers found here has been discontinued by Klipsch. 

I have elected to leave the information in this thread intact for the benefit of those looking to buy used models of the Klipsch Professional version (two-way) for home hi-fi use.

Thanks for starting the thread, it contains good information.

Personally, I am very sorry to see that the two-way Klipsch Jubilee has been discontinued.

Over the last 15 years or so the basic model has only had a slight increase in price (mid $7k to more recently mid $8k). Fellow users have always been friendly and helpful on how to set them up. Certainly Roy Delgado's contributions and this thread that Chris maintained, have been examples of that sort of camaraderie (and there are many other examples). A nice community of folks enjoying a common passion. 

Really, the Jubilees have always been an incredible value (performance divided by price). I'm sorry to see it go.

-Tom

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 9/30/2021 at 11:34 PM, OilyBoy said:

Hi guys, long time ago.

I have a burning question.

I finally have entrance to my new mancave/music room so it is time for some construction and decoration.

No my question is about room acoustics in combination with the jubilees.

My (wooden) ceiling at the moment is 11.87ft high (362 cm).

If i would remove the ceiling.. which Would be awesome for the looks of the room, the Total hight of the room in the point of the roof would be almost 18ft high. This is the reason we call this room "the church" 

I am not sure what an open room with a pointy roof would do to the room acoustics. The jubilees are made to shine in places with high ceilings i would think.

Any thoughts?

In the picture you can see the open hatch to the attic. The plan is to remove the whole ceiling.

Tank you all. I hope to start my jubilee adventure somewhere halfway 2022. So by then i will need some support regarding REW etc.

Greetings from the Netherlands.

Screenshot_20210930-233006_Gallery.jpg

Ok guys i removed the attic floor only on 1 half of the room. This is where the "game/dining" table will stand with a big chandelier above it.

Fearing some bad acoustics if i removed all of the attic floor i let the otter half intact. This is where the Jubs will stand.

This is still almost 12ft high. 

Now i first need to do some nice 20's restyling. Old pub style. And then i will come back for some tips regarding DSP/REW 

All the best! 

Screenshot_20211118-232158_Gallery.jpg

19 minutes ago, OilyBoy said:

Do i need to make a special topic for this? i dont want to annoy people with being off topic.

but if nobody has a problem with it i`ll just put my updates in this topic.

I don't have any particular problem with it but making it a new topic with a proper related title will mean more interested people will be able to find it.  You could then drop the link to it here so people seeing this topic will find it as well.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...