An Unofficial Klipsch Jubilee Buyer's Guide

Chris A

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One of the things that I've noticed over time: once Jubs are dialed in for a particular owner's room placement, I generally don't hear from the owners again (i.e., the line generally goes dead). Apparently these people aren't having to spend time on their loudspeakers. I still help others with their DSP crossover dial-ins from time to time, but these are new owners just getting set up.

I've pretty much settled on acquiring better music over the past year and a half, since I discovered DSP zero phase growth crossover filters and flat phase performance. I'm spending virtually all my free time acquiring new music and demastering the new-to-me CDs as they arrive.  I've apparently reached a point in demastering them where I don't have to spend much time on the new albums to demaster them.  I'm often amazed by what is released from the recordings once demastering is done, however.  It's a really cool thing to be capable of doing effortlessly--it doesn't take any real effort nowadays.  It's a nice state to be in--finally not having to diddle with the setup, rather just using it to produce better sounding music and then listening to it, casually or critically, whatever the spirit moves me to do...

Chris

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RandyH000 said:

Chris ,  I have to ask you the question , do you know of a decent -----set of plans for the JUBE  -------

I wish I could say yes, but I don't.  The plans on this forum seem to have a very serious issue.  The bass bins that they produce apparently have an issue creating proper amounts of SPL below ~70 Hz, which says to me that there's something wrong in the last fold of the horn, probably at the back split:

jubilee PDF.gif

Layout plans are here: 

https://community.klipsch.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=17094

https://community.klipsch.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=17095

I would go back to the original plan view in the PWK/Delgado JAES article on the Jubilee bass bin and check all the dimensions provided there much more carefully.

Chris

32 minutes ago, Chris A said:

I wish I could say yes, but I don't.  The plans on this forum seem to have a very serious issue.  The bass bins that they produce apparently have an issue creating proper amounts of SPL below ~70 Hz, which says to me that there's something wrong in the last fold of the horn, probably at the back split:

I would go back to the original plan view in the PWK/Delgado JAES article on the Jubilee bass bin and check all the dimensions provided there much more carefully.

Chris

AES-Jubilee2.pdf 1.15 MB · 76 downloads

22 minutes ago, PrestonTom said:

Most of these are direct shipped from the factory. I don't think there is any issue about a "shortage"

I wonder if there is a difference between the older 3 way  Cinema Series and the Home series -------

Well, of course the choice of drivers is different. I assume the recommended DSP would correspondingly differ. The heart of the Jubilee is the bass bin, I doubt the construction differs between and home and cinema.

I am not sure what you are suggesting 

--------------

Okay, I see you guys are talking about the yet to be released "consumer version". It was hinted at by Roy Delgado in a youtube interview . As far as I know, there have been no details provided. It should be exciting, but I hope any "extras" don't make it unaffordable. 

Edited by PrestonTom

4 hours ago, PrestonTom said:

I am not sure what you are suggesting 

Correct me if I am wrong , the Cinema version was a 3 way speaker with a passive crossover while the Home version was only 2 way and an Active crossover was recommended

• 2 months later...

Hey guys!

It has been a long time since i posted something here. The jubs were sealed in and stored due to the lack of a listening room.

i only tested them at my parents house for a couple of times but have not used REW yet.

so lately i was busy with all sorts of things. Including buying myself a new house, couldnt be more happy at this moment.

attached to this house is my dream listening room/entertainment room as a separate building. measurements are roughly: 26ft long and 19ft wide, walls are about 8,8ft high and then the roofing starts until it meets the ceiling which is 12ft high. between the ceiling and the roof is a small attic.

Something tells me this must be like a temple for the Jubs!

At this moment i am renting this specific room out as a conference room to a local company becouse we are still renewing the house, so my focus is not on music on relaxing at this moment. the planning is that i get this room available for myself around sept. `21

so i will keep following the threads here and around sept i will come back with my questions about dialing in the jubs.

i attached some pictures of my church here:

How do you think the jubs will perform in this room? and do you think i should consider changing my 3ways in 2 way using only the 402 horn for mid/high or should i still use the 510 for a HF in 3way.

all the best,

Oilyboy

WhatsApp Image 2021-01-07 at 23.09.40.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-01-07 at 23.05.02.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-01-07 at 23.03.02.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2020 at 3:25 PM, seti said:

They can but maybe tube amps if active. I can't remember if there is a three way passive crossover out there. That is the hard part.  If there is then no problem.

There are passive xovers.  Werner Jagush makes them. I have a pair for my 3way jubs. Never tried them yet.

I also have Werner Jagush 2way xovers for my 2way Cornscalas

37 minutes ago, OilyBoy said:

There are passive xovers.  Werner Jagush makes them. I have a pair for my 3way jubs. Never tried them yet.

I also have Werner Jagush 2way xovers for my 2way Cornscalas

I don't know who that is but I'd look for something designed by Roy Delgado the engineer of the jubilee.