FS: Chorus II speakers (Chicago)

Hawkeye

I am selling a pair of 1990 Klipsch Chorus II speakers.  The speakers and the grills are in really nice shape and have an oiled oak finish.  I’m asking $1,450.00.  You will not find them on EB or CL.  Pictures are attached and have more I can send.  Please send me a PM if interested.  Thank you!

I’m dropping the asking price to $1,250.00 before listing them on CL.  Please send me a PM if any forum members are interested.

12CC3C84-8BCD-47E7-8C2E-D2431798ED7C.jpeg

93EAA308-8CBF-4333-8484-13DA70DA3B85.jpeg

Edited by Hawkeye

I mean, the price is ok if you want to ask that.

However, Hawkeye, buddy, do you really think someone is going to drop 1500 for speakers where they only see 1 photo? Take it from an Iowa State fan, you need more photos of them. Show them off a bit. If they are in wonderful physical and mechanical condition someone will pick them up.

Also, its highly unlikely you will sell them here for that price. You would need to open it up on everyone and advertise a bit.

• Like 1

It is tax season time, he might sell them for his asking price. 

However, I would post them on CL to increase your chances.

I once tried to give a seller some advice on pricing when I thought the person was asking too much.

They sold them locally in 2 hours for the asking price. 

The buyer said, "I have been looking for a pair" and both walked away from the deal happy.

Good luck with your sale.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, opusk2k9 said:

It is tax season time, he might sell them for his asking price. 

However, I would post them on CL to increase your chances.

I once tried to give a seller some advice on pricing when I thought the person was asking too much.

They sold them locally in 2 hours for the asking price. 

The buyer said, "I have been looking for a pair" and both walked away from the deal happy.

He just might. Around Nashville all vintage Klipsch is getting scarce with Heresy's selling for $600 and the last set of Cornwalls I saw sold for $1200 and had scuff marks on one of the sides. New speaker prices are way out there and the shrinking supply of used Klipsch has gone up a lot in the last year.

• Like 1

Thank you for all the comments!  All are appreciated.

Here’s the deal with these: They are both in really great shape and sound excellent.  They both have new Bob Crites titanium tweeters and have had the capacitors replaced.  The cabinets have no damage at all and these babies just sound great.  I’ve seen prices for these as high as 1,600 and as low as 750 for ones the look like they survived a tornado hit.

If we need to post more pictures that’s easy to do.

Send me a message if you have questions or suggestions.  I know these are not a 750 pair....

Always good to get a comment from a ISU fan!  Thanks to all!

Hawkeye

• Like 1

Last set of Chorus I's I sold two weeks ago was recapped with Sonicaps and had my large MAHL tweeters in them and the cabinets were in exceptional shape. Listed for about two weeks and sold for $1200.00. You are probably a bit high but time will tell.

The  C 2's IMO are the most well rounded and capable speaker short of a K-horn.  No, this doesn't mean I would trade my beat up LaScalas for a pair, but the C 2's are becoming a rare find these days.   I wouldn't give a pair away either.  Good luck with the sale OP

OK, traditionally we don't comment on the pricing in the garage sale posts (except for the alerts section). 

If you want to question pricing, it is polite to do that in a PM.

People can ask whatever they want.  If you are interested, try to work something out.

If you aren't interested, move along and don't detract from a potential sale.

Do mods add value?  It depends on who is buying.  Again, a great comment for a PM.

I would post them on Craigslist as well.  You may get lowball offers, but who cares.

It only take one buyer. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 years later...