Klipsch Heritage with Yamaha AV Receivers. Opinions?

mungkiman

I believe this is my first post in the Solid State forum... My Integra DTR 8.9 AV receiver died recently, but I have the opportunity to acquire Yamaha gear at dealer pricing. It seems the RX-A1080 might be similar in terms of capability, but I have zero experience with Yamaha amplification combined with Klipsch Heritage speakers. Any and all opinions are welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

In 2004 I had very unpleasant results with a $1500 (adjusted for inflation) Yamaha AVR when combined with extended heritage. Times have changed, but not for the better I am afraid on anything non flagship. Oh, and if you want that receiver, I will sell it to you for $100. Makes for a piss pounding JBL garage system.

Just find something to get by with for now, then go with Denon or Marantz after August when the prices are 55% of MSRP.

No complaints with Yamaha AVRs from me.  I have an ancient AVR that I used to power some La Scala Its for a while before using its pre-out capabilities to add an external power amp.  The RX-A1080 is a great unit that also has pre-outs should you choose to do the same down the road.

I did not like the Yammy sound on 2 channel then found1970s  HK 430,630...so when it came time to try AVR I got a Integra from accessories 4 less …..it sounds awesome after I adjusted the tone manually and I can also listen to 2 channel for music it also has phono input. Pretty easy to set up for all the channels. My friend has a Yammy AVR and it seemed a bit more difficult to set it up to me. 

I have a 9 yr old Yamaha RX-A3000 that I initially used on Forte 1, and I didn’t particulate care for the combo. I have since gone to vintage Marantz, or an HK430, or the McIntosh MC250 on my current LaScalas and Khorns. I hooked up the Yamaha the other day just to try it again, and the sound just wasn’t as good to me. The old gear just sounds much better. But, it’s a trade off, since I don’t have digital connections.

• 1 month later...

So far, I’ve used two Yamaha AVRs with Klipsch speakers:  Heresy IIs, a Heresy III, a Belle Klipsch, La Scalas, JubScalas, JubScala IIs, and they’ve always sounded really good.

The receivers were an RX-V750 and an RX-A2060.  They both have Pre Out sockets and a Phono In, so you can use an external power amp or two, and a turntable with a moving magnet cartridge.  Both receivers were equipped with microphones to work with the Yamaha sound optimization system.

I’d recommend Yamaha AVRs with Klipsch Heritage speakers anytime, but of course it makes sense to use models in the upper part of the range, to go with premium speakers.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

I run 5 old Yamaha's driving heritage. 2 M series amps, 1 R series integrated, and 2 RX series AVR's. No complaints. I have been eyeing the RX-A3080 as my next AVR. I run a 6th Yamaha RX series AVR driving my outdoor Klipsch AW's as well 🙂

• Like 1