Are the subs from CES 2018 still coming out?

cyberlocc

I know this may not yield any info, but figured I would ask still. Are the subs in this picture from CES still coming out? The SPLs  are cool and all, but they do not match the new RP series, I want a sub that matches the rest of the set, as I am putting together my new RP system now. 

maxresdefault.jpg

The SPL is as matched as it's going to get.  actually I think these were the spl's, they just happen to be in piano black and a have a pronounced ring.  You may see another line that goes beyond the spl line in the future.  The ones they mentioned at ces 2018 isn't going to be made as far as I know.  

On 4/15/2019 at 2:26 PM, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

The SPL is as matched as it's going to get.  actually I think these were the spl's, they just happen to be in piano black and a have a pronounced ring.  You may see another line that goes beyond the spl line in the future.  The ones they mentioned at ces 2018 isn't going to be made as far as I know.  

As matches as its going to get? 

The SPLs do not have the screw cover ring. They do not match at all. the old series R-1**SW match better. 

which funny enough as a hold over a bought a R-110sw and just received a SPL instead. Cosmetics play a factor to me, and I run my speakers without grills, and I do not want to look at screws. Its part of the reason I chose Klipsch. So now I get to send this SPL back, because I am flat out not accepting that. 

It may sound petty, but that Copper screw cover ring is a massive deal to me. The SPLs lacking a ring at all, is a dealbreaker, it looks nothing like the rest of my speakers. 

Edit: I just decided to keep the SPL, despite me not wanting to. I got a good deal on a 110, as its old model, and they sent the new one, which was nice of them. I cannot stand the way it looks however, and planned to replace it with 2 at least 12s when the new ones came out (Which btw they are not, as you said, klipsch said the same). 

Ill keep this for a bedroom Standard Reference set (which it will match). Then I will replace it with SVS subs, if they are not going to match my speakers then I will go with the better sub company. This was really a huge oversight IMO by klipsch. Why release brand new subs that do not match the new speakers? 

I'm sorry but you cannot say these match. 

RP-5000F_Black-Vinyl_Angle-A.jpg

klipsch-15-black-powered-subwoofer-r-115
517iscQV06L._SX425_.jpg

The Old R-1**SW at least have a trim ring at all, even if it is not have the copper ring Then there is the fact all the new RPs are the woodgrain around but not on the fronts. I would even be fine with a Trim ring optional upgrade, I wouldn't even care if it cost 100 dollars per ring. Without the Ring, I am flat out not buying Klipsch Subs. Now with this experience of order a R-110SW and get sent a SPL, I am not even going to try and buy those. The SPLs match the new RPs only with grills on, the second the grills come off, they look nothing alike. 

Edited by cyberlocc

Update: I put in a ticket asking, and received this. 

"That was a sub that we just built for CES and we aren't going to take it to production. It is essentially an SPL-150 but with the piano black finish and the trim ring that matches the premier line. Unfortunately that isn't something that is going to be built at this time because we didn't have enough interest in it."

I'm sorry but I am going to say bullshit.   How did they "Gauge Interest" your honestly going to sit there and tell me that people dont want their subs to match the looks of their speakers? The only reason I would even buy Klipsch subs is because they match the speakers..... 

To make things worse, it took them 2 weeks to reply to my ticket. I am very much regretting spending over 5k on klipsch speakers at this point. (I know small potatoes in the Audio World, but it was a lot to me.)

Edited by cyberlocc

1 hour ago, cyberlocc said:

I am very much regretting spending over 5k on klipsch speakers at this point. (I know small potatoes in the Audio World, but it was a lot to me.)

Plenty of $$$ for me.  I "may" have spent that much(net net) over the last 12 years.

1 hour ago, cyberlocc said:

That was a sub that we just built for CES and we aren't going to take it to production. It is essentially an SPL-150 but with the piano black finish and the trim ring that matches the premier line. Unfortunately that isn't something that is going to be built at this time because we didn't have enough interest in it."

Yes a little disappointing to me also.  The SPL subs IMO look a little cheap.  Though I no longer have any subs that "match" my RF-63/RC-64 combo, those cherry RT-10d twins I sold a few months ago sure made my rig look sweet.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Depending on what you're using as main speakers I found that unless you gonna spend a lot and go big, the mains will over power most of these lower price subs.

I like some of the Klipsch speakers but subs isn't their strength

Edited by ronb

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2019 at 1:12 PM, cyberlocc said:

Update: I put in a ticket asking, and received this. 

"That was a sub that we just built for CES and we aren't going to take it to production. It is essentially an SPL-150 but with the piano black finish and the trim ring that matches the premier line. Unfortunately that isn't something that is going to be built at this time because we didn't have enough interest in it."

I'm sorry but I am going to say bullshit.   How did they "Gauge Interest" your honestly going to sit there and tell me that people dont want their subs to match the looks of their speakers? The only reason I would even buy Klipsch subs is because they match the speakers..... 

Well... considering that piano black is hard to sell, and SPL-150's aren't exactly flying off the shelves, I'd say that a piano black SPL-150 probably just about fits their description pretty well.  I've bought 50 R-115SW's at a time before but I'd have a hard time justifying stocking these.  

• 1 month later...

Sorry I'm new here....how did you submit a ticket asking on the Piano Black availability.  I am in the same boat as I am waiting for the 502s dipole surround speakers to be released in piano black to match the rest of my home theatre setup.  The spec sheets for the 502s even show piano black as an option but it is apparently not available right now.  I have the opportunity to get the older, smaller 450s in piano black but I don't want to buy those if the 502s will be released this fall..