At my dads with the cornwalls

mopardave

These are stored at my dads till I find a bigger home or build a listening room.  Brought some equipment for the weekend listen. Same equipment I use on the Super Heresy.  SH compared to CW is close. I think the SH is more revealing and the CW has a bigger sound stage/presents.  SH uses the mahl de120 and the CW uses kt77.   I tried both players the Sony 333es and the Yamaha cd/DVD player.  Run both systems at 75-80db and right now I would have to say they are very close. Next time I will remove the GL kt77 and install the JJ kt77 and see how much better the CW will get. These are soon to be Cornscala's.

13 minutes ago, mopardave said:

These are stored at my dads till I find a bigger home or build a listening room.  Brought some equipment for the weekend listen. Same equipment I use on the Super Heresy.  SH compared to CW is close. I think the SH is more revealing and the CW has a bigger sound stage/presents.  SH uses the mahl de120 and the CW uses kt77.   I tried both players the Sony 333es and the Yamaha cd/DVD player.  Run both systems at 75-80db and right now I would have to say they are very close. Next time I will remove the GL kt77 and install the JJ kt77 and see how much better the CW will get. These are soon to be Cornscala's.

20190413_092224.jpg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mopardave said:

20190413_092703.jpg

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mopardave said:

So this begs the question: "Do the SH's deserve their "Mini Cornwall" alternate NAME as sounding similar in a much smaller package???"

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

So this begs the question: "Do the SH's deserve their "Mini Cornwall" alternate NAME as sounding similar in a much smaller package???"

Claude, right now I can say yes.  I will play with them some more and see where I can get them before the cornscala project starts.

23 minutes ago, kevinmi said:

I think you should sell me those decorators and build yourself a nice set of Cornscalas

Kevin, these are home brews and they are not exactly same measures. Don't think you would want them.  They have some sentimental value to me as me and my father built them together some 17yrs ago. 

Just now, mopardave said:

Kevin, these are home brews and they are not exactly same measures. Don't think you would want them.  They have some sentimental value to me as me and my father built them together some 17yrs ago. 

That's cool. They look great!