Wow Tiger, you did it again!

JL Sargent

Pretty special.  Love him or not, his career and what he has done over the last two seasons has been more than remarkable.  He does make other players play better.  Very competitive four days. 

We were there on Saturday and the vibe was beyond description.  If he stays healthy, don't be surprised if another major is added to his resume this year.

Bill

• Like 3

My speculation---when the doctor told him if he blasted a ball out of the rough through knee high grass that the forces transmitted to his back would bust him out of golf---He changed everything to take the forces off his back. It took 11 years and it has worked.

JJK

2 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Right jimbo.....I worked hard with Tiger over the winter and tweaked a few things with his swing.  I think we did pretty well today.

Hmmph.  You're a little arrogant to think it was your work with Tiger's swing that won him today's tournament.

Most people think it was the surgery I did on his back, but unlike you, I'm way too humble to mention it myself...

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, willland said:

I was their on Sunday.:D  Greatest most exciting sporting event I have ever attended.

C'mon Bill, what's your story?  Did you go with family, buddies?  Where were you on the course, and what advice did you give Tiger when he picked you out of the crowd and asked you how to play the last nine? 

18 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

C'mon Bill, what's your story?  Did you go with family, buddies?  Where were on the course, and what advice did you give Tiger on how to play the last nine? 

I was their Saturday 2019 and Sunday 1986.  Both times with my best friend of 50 years(met at 5 years old).  His father has been a patron since 1964 and became a lifetime patron in 1971 when they changed the whole concept of how tickets are purchased.  In 2001, my friend Jim, being an offspring of a lifetime patron, had his name entered into a lottery where his name was chosen and then he became a lifetime patron.  He really felt like he had won the lottery because of how exclusive the whole process was.  He told me last year that he was going to do everything possible for my family(wife, son, me) to be able to go with him and his wife this year.  I am very grateful for the opportunity and very fortunate to have such a great friend all these years.

No advice to Tiger but Jason Day hit his errant drive into the pine straw a couple of feet in front of us and my son got high fives from Jason Day and Jordan Spieth.  Pretty darn cool.

Bill

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Attending the Masters is at the very top of my list.

I wish I could go every year.  Twice in 33 years is still pretty fortunate.  About 10 years ago my buddy Jim called me at the last minute on a Thursday and asked me could I drive up and go on Friday.  Way too late to expect my boss to give me the day off.  I should have just called in sick.🤢🤒

Bill

ESPN reports a guy making his FIRST bet won 1.9 million.  He bet $85,000 at 14-1 for Tiger to win!  I think $3 is a big bet.  :ph34r2:

I wonder if he told his wife he was betting the family's life savings on a golfer who hadn't won a big one in 11 years? 

http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/26524565/bettor-wins-119m-tiger-books-take-bath

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, willland said:

His father has been a patron since 1964 and became a lifetime patron in 1971 when they changed the whole concept of how tickets are purchased. 

I was wondering about that.  The announcers kept referring to the "patrons" and I was wondering why that particular term.  I figured it was a fancy golf term to describe fancy golf fans.  B)

7 hours ago, wvu80 said:

I was wondering about that.  The announcers kept referring to the "patrons" and I was wondering why that particular term.  I figured it was a fancy golf term to describe fancy golf fans.  B)

Really nothing "fancy" about it.  His dad, living in Macon, would drive over and just buy a ticket at the gate.  Back then you could do that.  In 1972, the whole format changed and those who were consistently purchasing tickets every year were given the opportunity to become a "lifetime" patron.  Truthfully, he took advantage of a good thing by being in the right place at the right time.

From Wikipedia:

Although tickets for the Masters are not expensive, they are very difficult to come by. Even the practice rounds can be difficult to get into. Applications for practice round tickets have to be made nearly a year in advance and the successful applicants are chosen by random ballot. Tickets to the actual tournament are sold only to members of a patrons list, which is closed. A waiting list for the patrons list was opened in 1972 and closed in 1978. It was reopened in 2000 and subsequently closed once again. In 2008, the Masters also began allowing children (between the ages of 8 and 16) to enter on tournament days free if they are accompanied by the patron who is the owner of his or her badge.[123]

The difficulty in acquiring Masters badges has made the tournament one of the largest events on the secondary-ticket market.[124] A majority of the badges for the Masters are delivered to the same group of patrons, fans, and members each year, and these perennial ticket holders sometimes decide to sell their badges through large ticket marketplaces such as StubHub, TicketCity, and VividSeats. Some of these marketplaces will allow fans to purchase a Masters badge for a single day, as opposed to the traditional 4-day pass.[125]

http://www.augusta.com/masters/story/news/masters-badges-are-prized-possessions

Bill