WTB - Klipsch Outdoor Speakers

rockhound

4 hours ago, rockhound said:

As the title states looking for a pair of AW-650's or the like in white to use out on my patio area. If anyone has some not being used. I'm located in southwest Arkansas.

Don't stray from your plan AW-650s and get the AW-400s. I have both. I put the 650s under my deck/walkout basement. They sound fantastic. I'm always amazed how good they sound for what they are given the huge space (I live on 10 acres so have a very large fenced in backyard and pool area). A few years later I got the 400s for up on my deck. They are okay at best, anemic and an all around disappointment. I wanted smaller to hide them just a bit and figured it was a much smaller space to cover. I have them mounted on the deck railing facing back toward the house. I soooooo wish I had stuck with another pair of 650s the difference is huge.

Nice to see a fellow non-facebooker!

AW650's impress year after year. I put some outside when we built our pool in May of 2012 and they still sound as good as they did on day 1. They sit on the completely exposed wall in my back yard that is hammered by the South Carolina sun from about 10:30 until sunset. It is insanely brutal back there. They have also lived through the winter storm of the century where we were blasted with snow and ice for what seemed like an eternity (6" of snow..snicker). They were removed one time for a few days when we painted the house but other than that they have lived right there totally exposed. They are commercial grade in my opinion.