Setting up 2 Channel room

Tom Bieri

I am in the process of setting up a 2 channel listening room (11.5’x14.5’) hopefully to be known as the vinyl room. The equipment I have for this so far is:

1 pair of Hersey’s

Jolida SJ 502A integrated tube amp

Yamaha DV-S5750 DVD player to play CD’s (I have listened to this and the amp and speakers and it sounds very nice)

Technics SL 1200 Mark II with Ortofon 2M Red cartridge

The main reason for this post is the amp does not have a phono preamp it has 4 RCA right/left inputs one marked  TUNER one TAPE one CD and one AUX. I would like to hear from those of you that have set up something similar and what you use to hook up your turntable.

Thanks Tom

Depending on your budget, I'd opt for one of the Pro-ject pre-amps listed here:

https://www.pro-jectusa.com/en-us/products/pro-ject-box-designs/phono-boxes

If you want to stay with the Klipsch brand, a Klipsch Powergate is great value for  money. It can be used as a Class D amp on its own (with wireless capabilities and a lot of other connections too, even a built in DAC), but it can also be used as a phono stage, because it also has rca-out. https://www.klipsch.com/products/powergate

1 hour ago, Tom Bieri said:

Thanks for all of your input...I ended up purchasing the Dynavector P75 that was listed in Garage Sale

You'll be happy with that preamp. It sounds good with any cartridge, but especially good with dynavector cartridges in "PE" mode.