What is the best way to restore these in order to retain the classic sound that was originally engineered

Jvitti1970

46 minutes ago, Marvel said:

It a standard by the MPEG committee, and supports double the resolution of JPGs. The newer format can be read with the newest version of GIMP and other applications. It isn't just an Apple or Microsoft deal. It just so happens that the IOS11 uses it. So does Nokia on some of their phones. When you start putting 20+ mega pixel  cameras in phones, they certainly needed a better format. I would guess regular DSLRs will follow suit.

Bruce

Good points all. But most pro photographers, like myself, shoot RAW format then process out to TIFF (for catalogs) low compression JPGs for the print lab or Big Inkjet, and save layer PSD files for anticipated changes.

3 hours ago, DizRotus said:

With Bob’s help, I restored these.  Some of the last GE motor runs Bob had, I believe.  I left the Zeners in because these are in La Scalas in a large high school band room. I figured protecting the tweeters was a good idea.  If these were in a home powered by a flea amp, they’d have been pulled.

post-6832-0-18640000-1423623240_thumb.jpgpost-6832-0-41520000-1423623253_thumb.jpg

I did same thing for my Ks when Bob still had those.

54 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

The inductors typically don't go bad, just the capacitors do.

Not necessarily true. More times than not, the windings expand, and begin to slide up and down on the core. Not optimal, and considering the relatively low cost of decent coils to good capacitors, I would replace them. The same applies to the autotransformer.

2 minutes ago, Deang said:

Not necessarily true. More times than not, the windings expand, and begin to slide up and down on the core. Not optimal, and considering the relatively low cost of decent coils to good capacitors, I would replace them. The same applies to the autotransformer.

Well, why not, it's cheap enough insurance.

It was a stupid mistake on my part. I never noticed it was a 600Vdc cap. The Jupiter VTs are 100Vdc, and that's what I was expecting. When these showed up, I had a panic attack. I honestly don't think these will fit in the top section of a Klipschorn, and needless to say, I'm a bit nervous.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Good points all. But most pro photographers, like myself, shoot RAW format then process out to TIFF (for catalogs) low compression JPGs for the print lab or Big Inkjet, and save layer PSD files for anticipated changes.

True as well, but jpg is probably going to end up going way. No one has aid the other formats would be outdated.

20 minutes ago, Deang said:

It was a stupid mistake on my part. I never noticed it was a 600Vdc cap. The Jupiter VTs are 100Vdc, and that's what I was expecting. When these showed up, I had a panic attack. I honestly don't think these will fit in the top section of a Klipschorn, and needless to say, I'm a bit nervous.

Yes, who needs 600 Volt capacitors when any Klipsch speaker will never see more than 20 volts, if that.