Outside Patio Sub

rockhound

I will soon be adding a pair of outside speakers to my patio area. Looking at getting some AW-650's or some of the small KI-102's. The area is not that big screened in and roughly 15x15. What suggestions would you have for an outdoor sub that I can stick in the corner? This will be used primarily for music and watching sports. I don't mind DIY! If you have a similar setup I would be interested in what you have and any pics you care to share.

7 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

A table tuba would work great.  Don't need to spend much on an amp either.  That's what I use on my patio.  Whatever you decide on be sure to screen all the openings to keep bugs out.

Since your on the way next week just bring it and I'll test it our for a few years.

How do you plan on powering your speakers and how loud do you plan to get out there?

I have a small patio that I have a pair of KHO7  out there with a small sub. I power them with a small Dayton 3 ch amp and it sounds great, but I don't "crank" it. I get loud but not  over kill. It has bluetooth which is used most often, but it is also tied into my whole house system for when we have guests in multiple areas of the house. For the sub, i just went on ebay and bought a marine grade raw driver (ended up being Polk) and built a small box for it that I put many layers of duratex on. This will be the 4th summer for that sub and it is still working great. If you look at the photo it is the small black box against the side wall under the aluminum table. The main speakers are tucked up under the canopy.

yard2.thumb.jpg.c3db66179dea8911366b442f0bbba7f9.jpg

• Like 1

Mookie - I have a old crown 1002 that I will use to power the KI-172's. It doesn't have to be crazy loud but would like headroom just incase lol. My patio area is about the same size as yours. Curious which Dayton amp do you use?

1 hour ago, rockhound said:

Mookie - I have a old crown 1002 that I will use to power the KI-172's. It doesn't have to be crazy loud but would like headroom just incase lol. My patio area is about the same size as yours. Curious which Dayton amp do you use?

Dayton DTA 2.1 BT2.