Klipsch Recommendations??

felipe

I'm doing a little research on center speakers to try and see if there is performance differences between a center  with smaller, but more drivers (r-34c) versus one with larger but fewer drivers (r-52c). In my research, it seems that Klipsch recommends the r-34c with the r-820f floorstanders, and the r-52c with the r-620f and r-610f towers and bookshelf speakers. Why is this so? Spec wise the r-34c goes a little deeper (82hz vs 89hz for the r-52c) and a hair more sensitive ( 96db vs95db). I currently have the 34c and 820f, but curiosity has me looking at the 52c...thoughts? experiences? Maybe a reply from someone from Klipsch?? 

No one from Klipsch monitors the forums to answer questions like you're asking, unfortunately.

Specs on paper don't always correlate with what you're curious about.  Speakers are "voiced" differently even if their specs are exactly the same.  I'd go with the nicest one in the same series as your mains.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the input y’all. I had the opportunity to acquire the 52c to do a comparison with the 34c. Aesthetically, the 52c is more appealing and appears to “match” my 820f’s due to it’s size. As far as sound...that is were it gets kinda interesting at least for me. The highs seem about the same, the mids appear to have a little more presence, and the lows have more articulation and tone ( maybe due to it’s sealed design ). Interestingly enough, when I reran my auto cal it set the xover at the same point as it set the 34c. As for output, it seems to have more despite my auto cal setting the level 1.5db less than it did for the 34c.

After these initial findings, I’m thinking that Klipsch set their recommendations based on price and power capabilities...that’s just my humble opinion.

• 2 months later...
On 5/7/2019 at 8:23 PM, felipe said:

Thanks for the input y’all. I had the opportunity to acquire the 52c to do a comparison with the 34c. Aesthetically, the 52c is more appealing and appears to “match” my 820f’s due to it’s size. As far as sound...that is were it gets kinda interesting at least for me. The highs seem about the same, the mids appear to have a little more presence, and the lows have more articulation and tone ( maybe due to it’s sealed design ). Interestingly enough, when I reran my auto cal it set the xover at the same point as it set the 34c. As for output, it seems to have more despite my auto cal setting the level 1.5db less than it did for the 34c.

After these initial findings, I’m thinking that Klipsch set their recommendations based on price and power capabilities...that’s just my humble opinion.

What did you set your crossover to?

I have the R-52C with some R-620f and the R-52C seems bright and clear but totally lacks lows and mids. It is driving me crazy, and I don't know how to match a center or adjust for this.

I tried an RP-400C and it sounded WAY deeper, but I lost that crisp sound that the R-52C supplies, which does match the R-620f at least.

1 hour ago, cronuss said:

What did you set your crossover to?

I have the R-52C with some R-620f and the R-52C seems bright and clear but totally lacks lows and mids. It is driving me crazy, and I don't know how to match a center or adjust for this.

I tried an RP-400C and it sounded WAY deeper, but I lost that crisp sound that the R-52C supplies, which does match the R-620f at least.

Is there a sub in your system?