Kenwood Model 650

ForKyleigh

Can anyone tell me anything about this RARE integrated amp?  I guess I am looking for real life info.  Specs only say so much.  I have attached a picture of its guts.  It looks like it is built like a tank.  Yes I know I could probably find something close to as good for less money.  I like to have an interated amp around the house.  This should but much nicer than my onkyo a7070.  I keep getting drawn back to this thing.  Probably because they are so hard to find.

Here are the specs:

Power output: 130 watts per channel into 8Ω (stereo)

Frequency response: 5Hz to 50kHz

Total harmonic distortion: 0.08%

Damping factor: 50

Input sensitivity: 2.5mV (MM), 150mV (line)

Signal to noise ratio: 76dB (MM), 90dB (line)

Output: 150mV (line), 30mV (DIN)

Speaker load impedance: 4Ω to 16Ω

Dimensions: 440 x 154 x 388mm

Weight: 21.3kg

Year: 1977

y1wv7vq.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Nobody answered in all this time, and I am sorry for not seeing this sooner.

It is a rather special integrated in that it is all FET based in the line, phono sections and direct coupled (FET input) amplifier. Makes for a rather special sound. This one is the same as the 600 Supreme, but with a very pretty grey face with white etched lettering. Pretty rare in this form and a very excellent amplifier. I hope you grabbed one, and after proper restoration, very tough to beat.

11 minutes ago, paul79 said:

Nobody answered in all this time, and I am sorry for not seeing this sooner.

It is a rather special integrated in that it is all FET based in the line, phono sections and direct coupled (FET input) amplifier. Makes for a rather special sound. This one is the same as the 600 Supreme, but with a very pretty grey face with white etched lettering. Pretty rare in this form and a very excellent amplifier. I hope you grabbed one, and after proper restoration, very tough to beat.

If you want want to, send him a PM as OP is not following his topic...

• Like 1