Been away for a while! New place- new stuff.

Allan Songer

Hello fellow Klipsch folks.  It's been a good long while since I've been around here but in the last few months as i slowly prepare for retirement (3-4 years off) I've been putting a couple of systems together in my Pipes Canyon place (5 acres at the end of a dirt road--paradise after 35 years in L.A.)

I pulled my 1978 Heresys out of storage and built a little cabinet that houses them for my TV sound. I never went in for "Home Theater" but I wanted to have decent 2-channel sound so I paired them with an Oppo bluray player and a little NuForce digital amp.  It sounds great to me-- this is the first time I have used anything but a cheap-o sound bar in my life.

For music I'm using my JBL Metregon that i bought a few years ago but never had a place for.  It's a really great piece of furniture and its a rare one with the 3-way system. I'm pushing it with a Fisher 500C I've had since the 70's and a Thorens TD-125 with a Fidelity Research FR-64 and Denon 103 with a Fidelity Research step up.  It sounds great. It cant hold a candle to my main system (Mcintosh MC-30s/C22/Thorens TD-124-SME 3012-Ortofon SPU) with my beloved 1960 Vertical horn Cornwalls.

Its good to be back!!

heresey 5 (2).jpg

metregon.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Awesome setups and that Metregon is one beautiful piece of furniture as is that cabinet you built for the Heresys!  Welcome back and I hope it's an awesome retirement down the dirt road....sounds great!  

Seeing that Randolph Scott poster reminded me of that old Statler Brothers song my grandparents used to listen to on 8-track, "Whatever Happened to Randolph Scott".  Gonna have to find that on Spotify and listen to that right now!  

Ok, and YouTube.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Allan Songer said:

Hello fellow Klipsch folks.  It's been a good long while since I've been around here but in the last few months as i slowly prepare for retirement (3-4 years off) I've been putting a couple of systems together in my Pipes Canyon place

I'm new here during your lapse so we've never met, which might be a good thing considering I'd like to know the GPS coordinates of that place, and a schedule of when nobody will be there for a couple hours.  :)

Seriously nice stuff!  Congrats.