Any CD-Player Users Out There? FS: AH! TJOEB '99 (Marantz CD-38)

dkalsi

Over the last several years, I've pretty much gone to streaming audio and thinned my CD collection. 

Thus, putting my AH! TJOEB '99 CD player up for sale. 

It really is a fantastic CD Player, with an average of 4.7/5 review rating from 147 users at AudioReview.com 

If you still listen to CD music, it's worth given this a shot. 

Have not the slightest clue what it's worth. For the sake of not starting an auction here - I'll post an asking price of $200. 

I won't be offended if you reply to this posting and comment that my asking price is too high (or too low ☺️)

cd2small.JPG

cd4small.JPG

cd5small.JPG

cd1small.JPG

• Like 1

Hi Cornman, 

This does not have a digital out. Just RCA outs. I should have done a better job with my pictures :-). 

I'll try to take a full picture of the rear of the player when I get home tonight. 

Here is high-res picture of the inside (you should be able to zoom into this pic). 

IMG_5334.JPG

I own one. It's basically a Marantz cdp that has had the output converted to a tube stage.  Very musical, very detailed, almost makes cd's listenable. (I'm a vinyl head). Equal to, or exceeds, my California Audio Labs ICON MK II in quality of musical reproduction. For two hundred and it that condition, it's a good deal.

For two hundred and it that condition, it's a good deal.

I agree. I've gone a similar route in that most of my listening is either streaming or playing lossless files. I still have my Jolida tube CD player and it's basically a backup. I listen to it occasionally.....if that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, thebes said:

I own one. It's basically a Marantz cdp that has had the output converted to a tube stage.  Very musical, very detailed, almost makes cd's listenable. (I'm a vinyl head). Equal to, or exceeds, my California Audio Labs ICON MK II in quality of musical reproduction. For two hundred and it that condition, it's a good deal.

I heard one once, with CDs I brought, so I knew how they sounded on my system. To say I was impressed is an understatement. I'm with Thebes, this is a great deal!

Tube rolling in this unit is fun. Funny the stock Russkies it came with., almost won the race. Depending on taste, Mullard (softer) or Telfunken's (everything you ever asked for ) are good choices.