Heresy I ID

Does this Heresy I in question have full alnico drivers (K77 tweeter, K55-V squawker, K22-E woofer)?

Does the Type C crossover look all original including the connecting wires?

Does the logo look historically accurate for "M" serial Heresy I?

Thanks.

P1050872-Optimized.JPG

P1050873-Optimized.JPG

P1050883-Optimized.JPG

Edited by klipschhornfan

Need a photo of the stamp on the back top or bottom. That has the SN and from there the information can be had

Dollar for dollar Klipsch has no equals
Name one other speaker company that can build a speaker and keep working like new after 45 plus years of service. Answer NO ONE !!!!!!

I'm looking at the Heritage Reference Data PDF.  The code for Mahogany should be MHL, MHO or MHR.  How come this one is "M7"?  BTW, what does the "12" behind the M7 stand for?  I thought Heritage serial number of this vintage should follow the format ##letter####.

Also, are all the drivers alnico?

Thanks.

8 minutes ago, klipschhornfan said:

I'm looking at the Heritage Reference Data PDF.  The code for Mahogany should be MHL, MHO or MHR.  How come this one is "M7"?  BTW, what does the "12" behind the M7 stand for?  I thought Heritage serial number of this vintage should follow the format ##letter####.

Also, are all the drivers alnico

Thanks.

tweeter and mid are, I believe that woofer also is!

1 minute ago, klipschhornfan said:

That's what I think too because they don't look like mud magnet to me.  Thanks.

mud magnets for heresys didn't come along for a few more years after yours were made.  As for the confusing tag info, it probably has more to do with a special finish or something like that..out of the normal realm of things  It was not uncommon for us to even get request for singles o be custom-built to match singles already owned which were made even a de3cade before the re 

21 hours ago, klipschhornfan said:

Also, are all the drivers alnico?

Thanks.

M7 and the like were used in the 50s on Shorthorns and maybe the Klipschorn.  The -12 means a 12" woofer.  In 1957, an S-M7-15 was an "S" model Shorthorn in Dark Mahogany with a 15" woofer.  An S-M7-12 was the same with a 12" woofer and cost $45 less.  My 1E H700 is labeled H-WL-12.  Perhaps your Heresy is a transition model, a return of old habits, or a tongue-in-cheek attempt to confuse a co-worker.