How much weight can dry wall anchors handle, find out here.

Shiva

13 hours ago, Shiva said:

This is a decent vid on how much weight you can actually hang on your wall without concern.

Depends on if you can get into a wooden stud! My carpenter is gonna build me a table next to the knotty pine paneled fake fireplace in my Hippie Pad to set the CD player on and Teac Tascam 4 track Simulsync reel to reel machine under and I'm sure he will use the underlying studs.

John Kuthe...

Thanks for the link @Shiva

When you build and work in large commercial buildings like I do, you are not going to have the luxury of wood studs. This goes for taller residential buildings, like high rise condos for instance. Steel studs and drywall everywhere. Wood backer is used for everything in the plans that will be mounted, but plans are always changing. And when they do, I personally have had the greatest success using the Toggler Snaptoggle. I called them zip toggles because they work like a cable zip tie. I have mounted the heaviest things you can imaging using these things. The more it weighs, the more anchors you use. I also really enjoy using the Zip-it style nylons versions for their ease of use. Can't miss. 😉

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Good video, and realistic test, I was really surprised how well they all did.

No matter what kind it was I have never tried doing that much weight just in drywall, but it surprised me.

I can see how a few spaced out enough could hang way more weight than what I would have thought or tried. ........now you have to also consider vibration from subs, at times being a constant vibration, well it is glorified paper backed chalk after all.