1976 Cornwall Decorators SOLD

tidmack

I recently acquired a pair of Cornwalls that I can't use. I will consider storing them, but thought I'd offer them on the board first. Pickup in Cross Plains, WI, just west of Madison. This is a 1 owner pair of 1976 Decorator models, with consecutive serial numbers. If you're interested, but need them shipped, maybe you can inquire about the whereabouts of the Cornwall vault for shipping, at the buyer's expense. Shoot me a PM if you're interested in these, or the McIntosh MA6100 in my other thread. This would be a menacing combination that would surely piss off your neighbors. Asking . 

Jeff

DSC_0675 (Medium).JPG

DSC_0680 (Medium).JPG

DSC_0681 (Medium).JPG

DSC_0683 (Medium).JPG

DSC_0686 (Medium).JPG

8 hours ago, tidmack said:

If you're interested, but need them shipped, maybe you can inquire about the whereabouts of the Cornwall vault for shipping, at the buyer's expense.

If I remember right the vault is gone. Can't remember the details but I do recall folks lamenting it went missing.

Good luck with your sale Jeff.

4 minutes ago, Rivernuggets said:

If I remember right the vault is gone. Can't remember the details but I do recall folks lamenting it went missing.

Good luck with your sale Jeff.

Thank you for the heads up, Lyle. Admittedly, when I post things on the forum, it's because I'm seeking an easy sale. It's a bummer that the vaults are missing, they were brick shithouses and would've made shipping these a breeze. 

If any interested buyers want to seek shipping quotes and set up shipping, I am more than happy to meet a driver at my house and help load the speakers onto a pallet or into a truck. But right now, I'm unable to take care of the logistics of coordinating shipping and packing. 

1 minute ago, tidmack said:

No other stamps, Andy. Just the USA along the edge.

Jeff

Those were probably built by the brother-in-law pair of builders:  Charles Horn and Ronnie Barham who seldom put their initials on what they built, then...since they are from 1976!

Just now, HDBRbuilder said:

Those were probably built by the brother-in-law pair of builders:  Charles Horn and Ronnie Barham who seldom put their initials on what they built, then...since they are from 1976!

Okay, what a great tidbit. Are speakers with a letter A built by YOU?

2 minutes ago, tidmack said:

Okay, what a great tidbit. Are speakers with a letter A built by YOU?

YES!...provided they are from late 76 thru Oct 83.  BTW, Ola Mae Davis was quite a character...old skinny gal...funny as hell...chain smoker....but one of the two best in the sanding department!

21 minutes ago, tidmack said:

Here's a pair of '81 (W serial #) Heresys in my house!

e05d519b057aca820ec0cf4167be7f0a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

That's me...I was probably building them SOLO that day...like most days!  My initial is often full of wood putty from where they puttied up the plywood edges and then sanded them...but the sander's initials were seldom filled-up because they stamped their code in after sanding.

The builder code and sander code were quality control measures...to know who to take it back to in order to correct something...and of course to give the person responsible a hard time about it!  In over 7 years of building, I NOT ONCE had a return to me for something that was MY ERROR...kinda proud of that!  Normally if I got a return it was due to something happening to it elsewhere...such as a lifted piece of veneer that needed repair due to somebody else snagging it with a shirt sleeve or something like that...otherwise it was to ready a damaged return from a dealer for shooting with black paint and then donating it to a local church or school for a company tax-write-off!  We did that a lot!