Klipsch At Axpona

jazzer

Last Saturday I attended the Axpona show at the Renaissance Hotel in Schaumbug,Illinois and during my tour of exhibitor rooms I stopped in room 1414 to check out what was on display from Klipsch.However,I only stayed a few minutes because the volume on the Klipsch Fortes was turned down so low I could not really get a good idea of what they sounded like.

8 minutes ago, jazzer said:

Last Saturday I attended the Axpona show at the Renaissance Hotel in Schaumbug,Illinois and during my tour of exhibitor rooms I stopped in room 1414 to check out what was on display from Klipsch.However,I only stayed a few minutes because the volume on the Klipsch Fortes was turned down so low I could not really get a good idea of what they sounded like.

Wouldn't they turn it up and down for attendees?

On 4/20/2019 at 12:56 AM, garyrc said:

It looks like The Absolute Sound didn't see fit to mention Klipsch's presence.   I didn't notice any horns in TAS's <$20K section.

Well, that’s poor audio journalism.  Did Stereophile mention Klipsch?

Speaking of audio magazines, are TAS and Stereophile the top US audio mags these days?  What other choices are there?  

Sound and Vision and some of the other home entertainment magazines seem to be more about home theatre than high performance audio, and the British magazines are oversized, overpriced, and feature lots of brands of gear that we never see or hear about over here, which makes the mag less relevant to most of us.

48 minutes ago, Islander said:

Speaking of audio magazines, are TAS and Stereophile the top US audio mags these days?  What other choices are there?  

Sound and Vision and some of the other home entertainment magazines seem to be more about home theatre than high performance audio, and the British magazines are oversized, overpriced, and feature lots of brands of gear that we never see or hear about over here, which makes the mag less relevant to most of us.

=== “poor” audio journalism or the business side of audio journalism? If a company, Klipsch for example, spends zero dollars for ad placement in a particular magazine they get like coverage - zero. No surprise in the industry—

2 hours ago, richieb said:

=== “poor” audio journalism or the business side of audio journalism? If a company, Klipsch for example, spends zero dollars for ad placement in a particular magazine they get like coverage - zero. No surprise in the industry—

You’ve got a point there, but Stereophile put a Klipsch speaker on their front cover last month, as well as giving it a great review.  Did Klipsch place a big ad in that issue?

Anyway, it’s their job to report on interesting or important developments or events, regardless of whether the entity involved is an ad client of theirs.  Some magazines may work that way, but to me they’d be doing a poor job.  Your opinion may differ.

^^^^^

=== have no opinion and  actually based my statement on the general consensus regarding audio mags and their reviews. And wouldn’t know about Stereophiles cover or stories. I would have been better served staying away from the topic. 

19 hours ago, Islander said:

I terminated all my subscriptions a few years ago.  I see some of their articles online, including TAS's Speakers <20K at Axpona.

I know Stereophile and TAS are still out there.  Is Home Theater still kicking?

I miss Stereo Review and High Fidelity, and i'm still mourning the demise of Audio.   Audio was the real thing.

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 3:38 AM, Islander said:
  On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 2:56 AM, garyrc said:

It looks like The Absolute Sound didn't see fit to mention Klipsch's presence.   I didn't notice any horns in TAS's <$20K section.

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 3:38 AM, Islander said:

I have no idea if Robert Harley is still editor of TAS or not but he has a bias against horn loudspeakers, and the editorial direction of TAS reflects that. TAS offers only subjective evaluations of audio gear with no objective tests at all, unless they have changed since the last time I looked at a copy of their magazine 10 or 12 years ago.

Stereophile is the better of the two publications IMHO, with  objective test results and subjective evaluations of equipment, along with detailed explanations of testing methods for either type of evaluation. They seem less anti-horn and anti-Klipsch than TAS.

• Like 1