Would "YOU" purchase the "NEW" Cornwall IV or Chorus III

314carpenter

If you could have Klipsch build you one pair, which would you buy?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Please choose 1 pair of speakers from the following choices

• Chorus III
    • Cornwall IV
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Would you be willing to sacrifice the current Forte III from production in 2020 or 2021 to make this happen?

• YES
    • NO
  3. 3. Which of the following Klipsch speakers do you currently own, or have owned in the past? (multiple choice)

• Cornwall I/II/III
    • Chorus I/II
    • Forte I/II/III
    • None of the above

I am looking for your help on this one. Please participate in anyway you feel fit. I am not looking for a battle, just friendly suggestions on how the current lineup could improve in the future.

I choose question #1 to gauge interest potential in either the Cornwall IV or Chorus III

I choose question #2 to allow those who would prefer to keep the Forte III an opportunity to participate. Knowing that a Chorus III cannot coexist with a Forte III we have to make a choice. Yes, the Forte III does currently exist with the Cornwall III. So vote accordingly.

I choose question #3 to dig a touch deeper into the history of those who voted. You do not need to have experience with any of these speakers mentioned to vote.

I choose to keep the poll open indefinitely, as there is no current known plans for either option in the topic title.

I will leave my comments and opinions out until a later date once you folks have had an opportunity to participate in this thread.

What are your preferred drivers on the Cornwall IV or Chorus III? Are you like me and think that the most logical upgrade path here would be the following... 

K-100-TI 1” (2.54cm) Titanium diaphragm compression driver on a K-79T horn

K-70 1.75” (4.45cm) Titanium diaphragm compression driver on a K-703-M horn

K-33-E 15” (38.1cm) Fiber-composite cone woofer in the Cornwall IV

New design similar type woofer with the conversion for an acoustic suspension Chorus II with a KD-15 15” (38.1cm) Passive cone radiator

Please add content as you wish, but please start your own thread if you want to try to pressure interest toward any other "NEW" speaker not listed in the topic.

*Disclaimer* For those folks who are not aware the Cornwall IV and Chorus III do not exist. No known plans for production of them either. They are only a fictional thought of what those speakers could be. This thread intended to gauge potential interest only. I have not been directed by anyone to create this thread.*

50 minutes ago, 314carpenter said:

I choose question #2 to allow those who would prefer to keep the Forte III an opportunity. Knowing that a Chorus III cannot coexist with a Forte III we have to make a choice. Yes, the Forte III does currently exist with the Cornwall III. So vote accordingly.

I'm not partaking in the poll.  I'm an elated owner of Forte III and I think you're mistaken on the quoted premise.  The Forte III stands alone regardless sibling options.  A Chorus III would more be "up against" the Cornwall of any iteration, not the Forte.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, glens said:

I'm not partaking in the poll.  I'm an elated owner of Forte III and I think you're mistaken on the quoted premise.  The Forte III stands alone regardless sibling options.  A Chorus III would more be "up against" the Cornwall of any iteration, not the Forte.

Kind of what I was thinking.  As they wanted to make the Cornwall III a Heresy with better bass, the nicer mids of the Forte III or even perhaps going back to phenolic for a lower crossover on the midrange vs Forte III would likely be nice addition called Chorus III. :D

Then Klipsch would have my interest once again.

• Like 2

I've said many times I'd like to see Klipsch put together a Chorus III but with a larger mid horn and driver like the CF-3/4 horn and k-55v combo and improved tweeter either the CT-120 or the tweeter in the new Klipschorn, try to model the horn drivers to the Heritage line, maybe it could even be offered as a smaller alternative center speaker to get additional sales?

• Like 1

On 4/20/2019 at 6:59 AM, boom3 said:

a quick search of the forum turns up only speculation...

Correct. Pure speculation on my part. My small effort to rally the Klipsch fans out their to show some love. You never know who might poke their head in and look. I am sure corporate would appreciate the feedback as well.

Thanks to all who choose to participate in this effort.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For me.........Chorus brings the Tractrix horns advantage and in a more convenient footprint than a cornwall.  Since both Cornwall and Chorus are not horn bass cabinets I didn't put one above the other.  I don't think there is a disadvantage to a passive radiator necessarily.  So I went with Chorus.

If it even happened..........I would hope for a much stronger cabinet structure on the Chorus.  

37 minutes ago, mark1101 said:

For me.........Chorus brings the Tractrix horns advantage and in a more convenient footprint than a cornwall.  Since both Cornwall and Chorus are not horn bass cabinets I didn't put one above the other.  I don't think there is a disadvantage to a passive radiator necessarily.  So I went with Chorus.

If it even happened..........I would hope for a much stronger cabinet structure on the Chorus.  

Tractrix horn only on the Chorus ll. I too prefer the Chorus footprint and I also agree the Chorus is a very floppy cabinet. I have read accounts of some who with level can get the Chorus rear baffle to slap the back side of the mid driver. That's a big nasty indictment of the non existing brace work in a Chorus cabinet. Fortunately it is not too difficult to address. Here is a link to show you just how impressive driver alignment really is. Both Cornwall and Chorus have essentially the same bass extension one way or the other only the requirement for power differs.

http://www.nutshellhifi.com/MLS/MLS3.html

I am not voting because the single most important item is not on there. Do I want WOOD or MDF. I am hearing too many stories of veneer problems on speakers having delamination issues. My vote would have been Chorus with a real Baltic Birch option.

The Forte is not in the same league as the Chorus or Cornwall and I figure Klipsch does not want a contender against the Cornwall with a history of being cheaper to buy and according to many of us who have had both better sounding. Chorus I my all time favorite of the vintage speakers.

• 1 month later...

Some offerings of Klipsch speakers over time made more sense to be offered at the time the were offered, then now. 

PWK Heritage: These stand alone, and I think Klipsch should always continue to make them, and tweak them as needed, or when advancements are available. 

KG Series: Klipsch was going against the big box speakers at the time, but those aren't really a thing now; for better or worse. 

Forte Chorus: These were the most popular line offered at the time, with each able to be outside the corners or walls and still be "full range." The Chorus II and Forte II are nearly the same speaker, with the Forte trading efficiency for extension, and more mid bass bunch compared to the more linear and efficient Chorus. Yes, the Chorus would be closer to the Cornwall III of today, with the Cornwall III better in nearly all respects outside placement freedom; an advantage that I don't think would appeal to as many consumers in today's market. 

On 4/20/2019 at 7:32 AM, pzannucci said:

Kind of what I was thinking.  As they wanted to make the Cornwall III a Heresy with better bass, the nicer mids of the Forte III or even perhaps going back to phenolic for a lower crossover on the midrange vs Forte III would likely be nice addition called Chorus III. :D

Then Klipsch would have my interest once again.

A Heresy with better bass was the Tangent 400...

Admittedly, a nicer cabinet would have been better.

I've never liked the Cornwall, just not aesthetic looks.

3 hours ago, Marvel said:

A Heresy with better bass was the Tangent 400...

Admittedly, a nicer cabinet would have been better.

I've never liked the Cornwall, just not aesthetic looks.

Tangent seemed to be built for a different target market product (not Heritage), not for a better bass Heresy (though it was).  Same components between Cornwall and Heresy though a bigger woofer and box.  Cornwall III sounds like a bigger, fatter brother to me :-)  If Klipsch was trying to make a killer product beyond an extension of the Heresy, they would have done something like was being discussed with the 510 horn and not the same core components, though that's my opinion,

Meant for base exchanges, but it had the exact same parts as a Heresy II in a larger ported cabinet. To me, the T 400 looks better than a Cornwall box. But it is nowehere near being in the new lineup.