Would "YOU" purchase the "NEW" Cornwall IV or Chorus III

314carpenter

If you could have Klipsch build you one pair, which would you buy?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Please choose 1 pair of speakers from the following choices

• Chorus III
    • Cornwall IV
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Would you be willing to sacrifice the current Forte III from production in 2020 or 2021 to make this happen?

• YES
    • NO
  3. 3. Which of the following Klipsch speakers do you currently own, or have owned in the past? (multiple choice)

• Cornwall I/II/III
    • Chorus I/II
    • Forte I/II/III
    • None of the above

19 hours ago, Marvel said:

Meant for base exchanges, but it had the exact same parts as a Heresy II in a larger ported cabinet. To me, the T 400 looks better than a Cornwall box. But it is nowehere near being in the new lineup.

I have to agree.  I am surprised my SO let Forte IIs in the house though they are half the height of the boxes I built.  Cornwalls need to go on a little diet though the size of the front motor board actually helps define the bass.  A total redo, to something like a Chorus III would be very welcome.

• Moderators

I think you will have half your wish by the end of the month, and the other half -well might not even be on the distant horizon.

I'm guessing there are a lot of factors that go into all of this.  Product placement, pricing, what they have on the drawing board for 1, 2 and 3 years out.

On 8/11/2019 at 7:01 AM, ATLAudio said:

The Forte I is the closest thing to a Heresy with more bass.

Really, the Tangent 400 was the closest thing to a Heresy. Look it up... with the exact same parts as a Heresy II, including the crossover. Just a larger ported cabinet... and more bass.

10 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

I think you will have half your wish by the end of the month, and the other half -well might not even be on the distant horizon.

I'm guessing there are a lot of factors that go into all of this.  Product placement, pricing, what they have on the drawing board for 1, 2 and 3 years out.

Interesting comment. Care to elaborate a little bit more? I am just a little unsure of where you were directing your post.

1 minute ago, 314carpenter said:

Interesting comment. Care to elaborate a little bit more? I am just a little unsure of where you were directing your post

10 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

Just guessing your being a bit obtuse on purpose... thanks!

Anybody remember the almost made it to market two-way prototypes “The Fifteens”?

Call them a Chorus 3 or a Cornwall 4, either or, but THAT was the shape of things to come. Two way, tractrix, 15” woofer...

Here’s a crazy idea, instead of the powered, active option, how about a passive with TWO crossover frequency options in the same cabinet? ROCK (800hz) and SET (500hz).  What’s another 700 bucks when you are several grand deep?

They were beautiful from the aesthetic standpoint too. Maybe optional glass tops so wifey can put plants on top! 

• Like 2

Klipsch could very easily put together a 2-way Chorus II (same cabinet with passive) and all the ki-396 parts, doubt there would even be too  much work to do on the crossovers plug and play. All parts including the passives are currently in production just need a slightly larger cabinet than the forte III and grill covers easy squeezy..

21 hours ago, geoff. said:

Anybody remember the almost made it to market two-way prototypes “The Fifteens”?

Call them a Chorus 3 or a Cornwall 4, either or, but THAT was the shape of things to come. Two way, tractrix, 15” woofer...

Here’s a crazy idea, instead of the powered, active option, how about a passive with TWO crossover frequency options in the same cabinet? ROCK (800hz) and SET (500hz).  What’s another 700 bucks when you are several grand deep?

They were beautiful from the aesthetic standpoint too. Maybe optional glass tops so wifey can put plants on top! 

Agree 100%!!  I was very excited about The Fifteens. 

• Like 1

Me personally, if I were ever to have any interest in the Fifteens, or similar for that size, they would need to be NON powered and not have BT connections, etc.  Sell that stuff separately versus an all in one package.  You lose a chunk of market share when you cater to a small segment of people that want an all inclusive speaker.  I may be wrong on that but how much research did they do, over a wide spectrum age range, with people that preferred that style of setup?  For a small pair of speakers, great.  Big?  Not so much.  

Also, was not a fan at all of that two tone veneer.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2019 at 11:00 AM, dwilawyer said:

Words of encouragement!!

On 8/15/2019 at 3:00 PM, avguytx said:

Me personally, if I were ever to have any interest in the Fifteens, or similar for that size, they would need to be NON powered and not have BT connections, etc.  Sell that stuff separately versus an all in one package.  You lose a chunk of market share when you cater to a small segment of people that want an all inclusive speaker.  I may be wrong on that but how much research did they do, over a wide spectrum age range, with people that preferred that style of setup?  For a small pair of speakers, great.  Big?  Not so much.  

Also, was not a fan at all of that two tone veneer.

Agree that they need to be non-powered speakers. 

I believe this will be the final week to get your votes in before one of these iconic speakers will be getting their turn at a refresh. Which one it will be? I will not be adding to the rumors here, but I am pretty sure I already figured it out. If you know Klipsch and follow their current sales focus, you will be able to figure it out too. I will leave it up to you guys to search for details on the current lineup and future plans. I have no details to add. Anything I know about has already been posted on this website. Thank you all for participating in my poll and expressing your interests. I am very pleased to have the opportunity to share these wishes with you all.  Super stoked to have a "NEW" Klipsch Heritage to gush over in the months ahead.

Anyone else here super excited to hear the announcement of the newest Klipsch Heritage speaker to get an update? Can't wait to get all the details. Hope we do get all of the details on 8/23/19.  I will post links to the media announcements as they get posted. I am sure we are many months away from any official reviews though. I know I will be visiting my Klipsch dealer for an audition just as soon as they get their hands on a pair.