Would "YOU" purchase the "NEW" Cornwall IV or Chorus III

314carpenter

If you could have Klipsch build you one pair, which would you buy?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Please choose 1 pair of speakers from the following choices

• Chorus III
    • Cornwall IV
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Would you be willing to sacrifice the current Forte III from production in 2020 or 2021 to make this happen?

• YES
    • NO
  3. 3. Which of the following Klipsch speakers do you currently own, or have owned in the past? (multiple choice)

• Cornwall I/II/III
    • Chorus I/II
    • Forte I/II/III
    • None of the above

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

I didn't see any safety cables.  I guess it would be a pretty short cable.

Na, it's OK, it's only him and his wife at home most of the time, the odds of it falling on one of them are slim. :o 

14 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Nobody asked Chiefbone head mdf or plywood, if ply, baltic birch (the real stuff) or Gerogia Pacific. 

Zildjian?

Evans or Remo?

What caps he went with on his steep slope "audiophile" networks.

Frankly, the answers to these questions are so obvious that the Head Chiefbone should not feel obligated to even recognize this inquiry.  He has more important things to do.....I think. 

• Moderators

We were at his house for days, only one day to hang the speakers. It took the rest of the time to get them painted white from black and dried, including brackets, many coats. Sprayed them on his back porch under the roof. Because it rains almost everyday around Palm Beach around 3 or so, and hot and humid

. I still can't believe I hauled an air compressor and paint gun 1/3rd the way across the country. It was 4 362's painted the other set will not be hung but will be rears later.

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Frankly, the answers to these questions are so obvious that the Head Chiefbone should not feel obligated to even recognize this inquiry.  He has more important things to do.....I think. 

He's listening to Donna Summer right with a left/right comperator trying to narrow down his picks.

15 hours ago, tonygeno said:

I'm using the CW IIIs along with a Heresy III (center channel) in a home theater. I am finding the timbre match excellent and the front soundstage seamless. I'm wondering if the match between the Heresy III and the Cornwall IV will be as good. And if not, is one relegated to going to three CW IVs if one wants a seamless front stage?

That's interesting because I also am running two Cornwall IIIs, one Heresy III in my home theater in my living room. And I'm also running two Paradigm X15 subs with an Anthem AVM 60 pre-amp and Monolith 5 amp. I run them in "all channels" mode right now, but I haven't set up my Anthem ARC room correction yet. I still absolutely love the way everything sounds!!

The funny thing is that it seems like music sounds even better when I have all channels on compared to just 2-channel stereo. Maybe it's just because I am used to listening to music like that now, but it still sounds amazing!!

Edited by Falcar
  • Like 1

Official Specifications for the Cornwall IV are in

https://f072605def1c9a5ef179-a0bc3fbf1884fc0965506ae2b946e1cd.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/product-specsheets/Cornwall-2019-Spec-Sheet-v01.pdf

SPECIFICATIONS

FREQUENCY RESPONSE (+/- 4 dB) 34Hz - 20kHz SENSITIVITY1 102dB @ 2.83V / 1m

POWER HANDLING (CONT/PEAK) 100W/400W

MAXIMUM SPL 119dB Continuous

NOMINAL IMPEDANCE 8 ohms Compatible

CROSSOVER FREQUENCY HF: 5000Hz MF: 700Hz

HIGH FREQUENCY DRIVER K-107-TI 1” (2.54cm) Titanium diaphragm compression driver

MIDRANGE K-702 1.75” (4.45cm) Polyimide diaphragm compression driver

LOW FREQUENCY DRIVER K-33-E 15” (38.1cm) Fiber-composite cone woofer

ENCLOSURE MATERIAL MDF with fine veneers

INPUTS Dual binding posts / bi-wire / bi-amp

HEIGHT 38” (96.52cm)

WIDTH 25.3” (64.3cm)

DEPTH 15.5” (39.4cm)

WEIGHT 100lbs (45.35kg)

FINISH Satin Black Ash, American Walnut, Natural Cherry

• Moderators
On 8/30/2019 at 7:11 PM, Chief bonehead said:

Yes but I have tried hard to keep the same spectral balance in the paul’s heritage models as he likes them. So a cw4 would fit well with a h3 or vice versa. There some physics/acoustic stuff that can’t be over come but they sound like a family of sound products. 

In October you will be able to ask many questions (and maybe even get some answered) like the one's asked in this thread over the last few days.

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, MechEngVic said:

Why did Klipsch ever stop Chorus production?

In 1996 for the KLF-30. The market trend was pushing hard for speakers with a smaller footprint. Tall narrow deep speakers were in vogue. Electronics were coming standard with subwoofer outputs. Multi channel at home was a finally a real thing. Big old box speakers seemed very old fashioned. Kind of like how old muscle cars were getting dumped at the same time. LOL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 314carpenter said:

In 1996 for the KLF-30. The market trend was pushing hard for speakers with a smaller footprint. Tall narrow deep speakers were in vogue. Electronics were coming standard with subwoofer outputs. Multi channel at home was a finally a real thing. Big old box speakers seemed very old fashioned. Kind of like how old muscle cars were getting dumped at the same time. LOL.

I bought my Chorus II's in about 1994. The instant I heard the sound coming from them I knew. I compared them side by side with the Forte's and, to me, the Chorus' were significantly better. I compared them to speakers costing 3 and 4 times as much and nothing was even close. I had to sell them in the early 2000's due to moving into a smaller place. Now I just don't have the room for them and have the KLF10's. I guess we were looking for smaller footprints after all... I wish Klipsch would have continued development of the Chorus instead of the Forte.