Would "YOU" purchase the "NEW" Cornwall IV or Chorus III

314carpenter

If you could have Klipsch build you one pair, which would you buy?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Please choose 1 pair of speakers from the following choices

• Chorus III
    • Cornwall IV
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Would you be willing to sacrifice the current Forte III from production in 2020 or 2021 to make this happen?

• YES
    • NO
  3. 3. Which of the following Klipsch speakers do you currently own, or have owned in the past? (multiple choice)

• Cornwall I/II/III
    • Chorus I/II
    • Forte I/II/III
    • None of the above

Great news! We now have 100 Voters. I am posting a screenshot just to see where things go from here now that the Cornwall IV has been official announced. Will that actually sway future voters opinions on this topic? The percentages have not been varying at all. Will be interesting to see if it remains this way next year when the Cornwall IV is out in the wild.

Screenshot (7).png

The new Cornwall IV has everything I had hoped for in a new Chorus III (minus cabinet dimensions of course) and with the availability of the pro models the KI-362 II & KI-396 II I really do not see a Chorus III in the future as those models are pretty much newer, improved versions of the Chorus already. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jjptkd said:

The new Cornwall IV has everything I had hoped for in a new Chorus III (minus cabinet dimensions of course) and with the availability of the pro models the KI-362 II & KI-396 II I really do not see a Chorus III in the future as those models are pretty much newer, improved versions of the Chorus already. 

Right. Or you can modify Chorus II's as I and others have with similar components resulting in better frequency response than either of the pro models you mentioned. None of this though discludes me from wanting mumps on my horns, but preferably in a smaller form factor than CW IV and larger than F III.

• 3 months later...

You can easily transform the Cornwall 4 in chorus 3. I'd like to close the hole of the reflex on the Cornwall 4 and put on the retro a massive 18" passive woofer. Another project I'd like will be a klf 40 with 2 woofer 15".

Ciao Ivan

Edited by Ivan
Change name

19 minutes ago, glens said:

Pay roughly six grand for a new pair of speakers and extensively modify them?  Or are you thinking ahead 15 years into the future with an old, used pair?

No, since I would like a version of the chorus 3 I imagined it as big as a cornwall to be able to mount a passive 18 "woofer, that's all. I was just dreaming, about nothing else.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ivan said:

No, since I would like a version of the chorus 3 I imagined it as big as a cornwall to be able to mount a passive 18 "woofer, that's all. I was just dreaming, about nothing else.

It is big enough...

Just wish it were so... welcome!

Thanks for the welcome! I must have read that using a passive woofer of the same diameter as the active one produces a slightly subdued emission. I do not know how much there is, probably to not enlarge the cabinet in the chorus 2 too much, the rear had the same diameter as the front. Contrary to the forte'2 and 3 where the rear is of greater diameter of the front. So I imagined an 18 "rear passive on a 15" front active woofer in the cabinet of the cornwall 4, resurrecting an anabolic chorus 3.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
12 minutes ago, 314carpenter said:

Shut out again. Is this the last nail in the coffin for the Chorus line of speakers? What do you say?

Probably the Chorus I believe is what replaced the Cornwall for awhile. It's the speaker I have been waiting to be refreshed but I'm starting to lose hope.

• 1 year later...