Would "YOU" purchase the "NEW" Cornwall IV or Chorus III

314carpenter

If you could have Klipsch build you one pair, which would you buy?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Please choose 1 pair of speakers from the following choices

• Chorus III
    • Cornwall IV
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Would you be willing to sacrifice the current Forte III from production in 2020 or 2021 to make this happen?

• YES
    • NO
  3. 3. Which of the following Klipsch speakers do you currently own, or have owned in the past? (multiple choice)

• Cornwall I/II/III
    • Chorus I/II
    • Forte I/II/III
    • None of the above

10 minutes ago, Falcar said:

I bet the Cornwall IV will sound no different than the Cornwall III, even though the Cornwall IV supposedly will cost more.

Yes, I'm sure that Klipsch Engineering wasted their time with the CW IV, putting in a new mid horn, new network, new ports, etc....??

No doubt that @Chief bonehead is getting a kick out of reading your post, and saying to himself "Damn, all that design work and testing, and new components, and they sound the same as the previous version Cornwalls.  I'll bet Paul would be proud of us wasting all of this time, money and energy on a new product and having nothing to show for it....But what the hell, let's take them to Rocky Mountain Audio Fest and see if we can fool everyone..." 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Falcar said:

I bet the Cornwall IV will sound no different than the Cornwall III, even though the Cornwall IV supposedly will cost more.

Before passing judgement you should audition.I believe it is more  "revolutionary than evolutionary" in terms of Cornwall design changes over the years.

1 hour ago, Falcar said:

Regardless of audible differences and prices, at least they are not Klipsch Pro Audio right? Therefore they come in beautiful wood cabinets handcrafted with awesome skilled labor right here in the U.S.A. They will at a minimum look amazing in a home. 

• Moderators

Your right Mike, but the whole audio world knows anything in the 4'th version is automatically not as good as the third but cost more. Could be because that is possibly appearance wise at least is closer to a pro driver and everyone knows they have more distortion and are not really audio quality. 

But I do have  question, how can you tell home speakers from pro if they were made to look the same? I would have to guess from the real audio people if you cover a KI 396 in Walnut it automatically sounds better, does black Ash sound darker, Cherry lighter?

Could Chief Bonehead be pulling the veneer over our eyes ?

• Haha 1

What I meant was that in a blind test I bet it would be extremely difficult to tell apart a Cornwall III and a Cornwall IV. Nothing wrong with evolving the Cornwall though. Innovation and/or evolution of electronics is a good thing. However, I wouldn’t expect a noticeable difference in sound. That’s just kind of how it goes with new versions of the same model of speakers.

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, Falcar said:

I wouldn’t expect a noticeable difference in sound. That’s just kind of how it goes with new versions of the same model of speakers.

I have not heard them yet but I would bet it will be easy to hear the difference, not that there's anything wrong with the 3, I love mine and will never get rid of them.

I say this from comparing the Forte 2 to the Forte 3, to me it's a big difference anyone could hear immediately. 

So much of a difference since our HT has Forte 3 mains but a forte 2 for a center after switching out the center with one of the mains to see if I could hear the difference it was clear I need to eventually get another 3 for a center. Also playing them side by side it's not close. 

It will most likely have the same signature sound as a Cornwall compared to other models but I am willing to bet blind test or not it will be easy to hear quite a substantial difference. Not a small change, Roy is not a marketing :pwk_bs: kind of guy at all to say the least.

Will surpass a LaScala, no, for one thing they start out completely different designs fully horn loaded compared to direct radiator, fully horn loaded is better overall. imo

10 minutes ago, dtel said:

I have not heard them yet but I would bet it will be easy to hear the difference, not that there's anything wrong with the 3, I love mine and will never get rid of them.

I say this from comparing the Forte 2 to the Forte 3, to me it's a big difference anyone could hear immediately. 

So much of a difference since our HT has Forte 3 mains but a forte 2 for a center after switching out the center with one of the mains to see if I could hear the difference it was clear I need to eventually get another 3 for a center. Also playing them side by side it's not close. 

It will most likely have the same signature sound as a Cornwall compared to other models but I am willing to bet blind test or not it will be easy to hear quite a substantial difference. Not a small change, Roy is not a marketing :pwk_bs: kind of guy at all to say the least.

Okay, whatever you say. You are obviously just trying to be a contrarian for the sake of it. And of course I’m sure some audiophiles will pretend to hear a difference even if there isn’t a noticeable one.

But in blind tests, good luck. And even if there is a noticeable difference (very unlikely), who’s to say whether it will be better or worse? I’ve often heard of people preferring older Heritage models more than modern ones. It’s all subjective.

It’s not like we are comparing a Heritage speaker to an entry level Klipsch sold at Best Buy.

The Cornwall III and IV are literally two of the same speakers with very minor differences and the sound will no doubt reflect very tiny differences (if any at all).

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, Falcar said:

Okay, whatever you say. You are obviously just trying to be a contrarian for the sake of it. And of course I’m sure some audiophiles will pretend to hear a difference even if there isn’t a noticeable one.

But in blind tests, good luck. And even if there is a noticeable difference (very unlikely), who’s to say whether it will be better or worse? I’ve often heard of people preferring older Heritage models more than modern ones. It’s all subjective.

It’s not like we are comparing a Heritage speaker to an entry level Klipsch sold at Best Buy.

The Cornwall III and IV are literally two of the same speakers with very minor differences and the sound will no doubt reflect very tiny differences (if any at all).

Well whatever you think, contrarian, no just going by facts I have noticed.

But to be 100% honest I could care less if you believe anything I say, it makes no difference to me, I was just trying to be nice as most people here are and explain my experiences. 

But you can think what you want because I know from your answers here and in other threads you are just trolling or extremely hard headed and uninformed. Either way it's very obvious.

I am being very nice, I left out all the words I wanted to use here. 

I am  moderator here but in no way do I have to believe or go along with any :pwk_bs: from Klipsch, so I have no reason to say anything I don't believe. Don't be a fool.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I was under the impression the IV was going to be an improvement but it looks mostly like they've just cheapened it up.  Plastic ports and, if you can believe it, pro components!  That last one right there should be a red flag to anyone really in the know.  Hahaha!

28 minutes ago, dtel said:

Well whatever you think, contrarian, no just going by facts I have noticed.

But to be 100% honest I could care less if you believe anything I say, it makes no difference to me, I was just trying to be nice as most people here are and explain my experiences. 

But you can think what you want because I know from your answers here and in other threads you are just trolling or extremely hard headed and uninformed. Either way it's very obvious.

I am being very nice, I left out all the words I wanted to use here. 

I am  moderator here but in no way do I have to believe or go along with any :pwk_bs: from Klipsch, so I have no reason to say anything I don't believe. Don't be a fool.

I’m not going to get into a childish argument. But I will say it’s well known that speaker manufacturers are known for making speakers smaller and lighter when they come out with new versions to save on costs of materials and shipping. I’m not saying Klipsch will do this with the Cornwall, but I wouldn’t be surprised.

The bottom line is profit and if a speaker manufacturer can save on materials and shipping and create an equal sounding speaker, they will often do that. For example, the original Cornwall had real wood cabinets whereas the Cornwall III has MDF cabinets. So I wouldn’t be surprised if the new Cornwall IV is smaller and/or lighter than the Cornwall III. I’m not so quick to believe newer models are better.

And from the website ad I saw, it looks like the Cornwall IV will be the same price in stores as the current Cornwall III. But we won’t know for certain until it’s released.

For the record, I love Klipsch speakers and none of this is a knock on Klipsch. I’m just stating reality.

Edited by Falcar

• Moderators

Well everything I said was based on facts from my own experience. 

I know plenty of people at Klipsch going up the ladder, do I owe them anything, NO.

There is only one person I owe anything to and it is Roy, (Chief bonehead) since you don't have much experience around here. (unless your someone else)

I owe Roy alot, we are good friends after spending alot of time with him outside of the speaker thing I know him personally and appreciate him. THIS is why I think there will be an improvement, when he says that, I believe him because it always turns out to be true. He has no reason to not tell me the truth and I have no reason to make up anything. I know how he is, no BS when it comes to designing and improving the sound.

If I would have been in Hope and not busy I could have heard the new design but it never worked out that way, he was not in town when I was.

It is obvious you know nothing about Roy, he is like the anti marketing guy when it comes to silly things like you described.

But it makes no difference, think what you will based off of what you think the average company does, the chief designer for this company would move on before becoming a marketing bs kind of designer.

Childish argument, that's funny.

1 hour ago, Falcar said:

What I meant was that in a blind test I bet it would be extremely difficult to tell apart a Cornwall III and a Cornwall IV. Nothing wrong with evolving the Cornwall though. Innovation and/or evolution of electronics is a good thing. However, I wouldn’t expect a noticeable difference in sound. That’s just kind of how it goes with new versions of the same model of speakers.

Klipsch tends to exceed expectations, contrary to what bias presents... Happy to hear you are going to have Pro gear in your night room. Thanks for your opinions and welcome to the forum...

3 minutes ago, billybob said:

Klipsch tends to exceed expectations, contrary to what bias presents... Happy to hear you are going to have Pro gear in your night room. Thanks for your opinions and welcome to the forum...

La Scala was once considered a pro speaker. That’s fine. Doesn’t matter cause it’s considered a audiophile home audio speaker now. But I certainly won’t be using a pro Class D amp. No Crown Audio stuff for me.

I don’t know what’s the deal with the pro audio agenda on this forum, but whatever, everyone has an opinion, and you are not changing mine. I’m as hard-headed as they come.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Falcar said:

So I wouldn’t be surprised if the new Cornwall IV is smaller and/or lighter than the Cornwall III.

This is simply laughable.

52 minutes ago, Falcar said:

For example, the original Cornwall had real wood cabinets whereas the Cornwall III has MDF cabinets.

Another laughable statement.  MDF was not even developed until the early 1960's.  The first Cornwall was introduced in 1959.

50 minutes ago, Falcar said:

So I wouldn’t be surprised if the new Cornwall IV is smaller and/or lighter than the Cornwall III.

Smaller and/or lighter?  Even though you supposedly already own CW IIIs, you obviously don't understand the size/volume requirements to produce a Cornwall.

And, you profess your love for Klipsch speakers, yet you're doing a great job of trashing a new product that you haven't even heard yet....good job.

• Like 2