Would "YOU" purchase the "NEW" Cornwall IV or Chorus III

314carpenter

If you could have Klipsch build you one pair, which would you buy?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Please choose 1 pair of speakers from the following choices

• Chorus III
    • Cornwall IV
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Would you be willing to sacrifice the current Forte III from production in 2020 or 2021 to make this happen?

• YES
    • NO
  3. 3. Which of the following Klipsch speakers do you currently own, or have owned in the past? (multiple choice)

• Cornwall I/II/III
    • Chorus I/II
    • Forte I/II/III
    • None of the above

I'm using the CW IIIs along with a Heresy III (center channel) in a home theater. I am finding the timbre match excellent and the front soundstage seamless. I'm wondering if the match between the Heresy III and the Cornwall IV will be as good. And if not, is one relegated to going to three CW IVs if one wants a seamless front stage?

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Falcar said:

I bet the Cornwall IV will sound no different than the Cornwall III, even though the Cornwall IV supposedly will cost more.

If I was in the market for Cornwalls, I would try to get Cornwall IIIs while they are still available. That is, unless the Cornwall IVs end up actually costing the same as the current Cornwall IIIs (because you can never believe prices on unreleased speakers until they actually hit the market), then either Cornwall IIIs or Cornwall IVs are fine.

Luckily, I already have my Cornwall IIIs ;)

What are you in the market for?  I thought you were in the market for new Cornwall's or new La Scala's??

What's your agenda?

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, tonygeno said:

I'm using the CW IIIs along with a Heresy III (center channel) in a home theater. I am finding the timbre match excellent and the front soundstage seamless. I'm wondering if the match between the Heresy III and the Cornwall IV will be as good. And if not, is one relegated to going to three CW IVs if one wants a seamless front stage?

That assumes there isn't an H IV on the horizon.

I bet CWs and H Center make for a nice presentation.  You got a cool set up.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Falcar said:

The Cornwall III and IV are literally two of the same speakers with very minor differences and the sound will no doubt reflect very tiny differences (if any at all)

A horn's a horn right?

That patented modified Tractrix horn (with the mumps) in the CW IV will be the same?

A blind pig will be able to tell the difference between those two speakers.  Whether the pig has a preference or not is certainly subjective and will depend on the pig.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Chief bonehead said:

Why are you guys arguing with a bonehead?  And if you are going to do that, why not argue with the chiefest of boneheaded there is?  ME!! 🤓

Even a blind pig can find an acorn every once in awhile. 

So how do those CW IV's sound @Chief bonehead?

Why did you make the CW IV so heavy Chief?

Are those CW IV ports strictly for show?

Will you have any Rap, Hip-hop or disco at RMAF to put these speakers through their paces?

Have you prepared a response to the thousands who may ask,."what's diff-ert about 'em, dem sounds da same"  I would go with "they were voiced at sea level and what you are hearing is veiled by the thinner air here in the mile high city.  But check out Love to Love You Baby."  But I'm no engineer.

What is your prediction on what Mark is going to start with on the sensitivity spec, on Day 1 and where he is going to end up on Day 3?

Does "-M" mean with Mumps?  

Finally,  what are the KGI designations for the drivers you are using.

Travis

P.S.  Can you still kill 2 DR's with 1 horn loaded one?

• Thanks 1

• Klipsch Employees
32 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Even a blind pig can find an acorn every once in awhile. 

So how do those CW IV's sound @Chief bonehead? They sound ok. 

Why did you make the CW IV so heavy Chief? The heavier the better they sound. 

Are those CW IV ports strictly for show?  No. They are for blow. 

Will you have any Rap, Hip-hop or disco at RMAF to put these speakers through their paces?  I design them for pink noise and in pink noise, you will that kind of “music”. 

Have you prepared a response to the thousands who may ask,."what's diff-ert about 'em, dem sounds da same"  I would go with "they were voiced at sea level and what you are hearing is veiled by the thinner air here in the mile high city.  But check out Love to Love You Baby."  But I'm no engineer.  Yes I have. But it always best to listen for yourself. 

What is your prediction on what Mark is going to start with on the sensitivity spec, on Day 1 and where he is going to end up on Day 3? I will be there at the show so I will be prepping mark. 

Does "-M" mean with Mumps?  Yes or it can mean, maybe. As in maybe better.....

Finally,  what are the KGI designations for the drivers you are using. K100. K702 k33. Lots of k’s. The more the better. 

Travis

P.S.  Can you still kill 2 DR's with 1 horn loaded one? No. 3. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Klipsch Employees
2 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

@Chief bonehead, what would PWK think of them?

I had it on pretty good authority they you thought they sounded "pretty good."

I would hope that he would be pleased. The cw4 is all tractrix now. The tractrix ports lower distortion. The network is high acoustic slopes. The new mid is smooth and has excellent distortion characteristics. The wide dispersion phase plug is basically his design. So I think I have the Cornwall where he envisioned it would be. I sincerely hope I paid good attention. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

That assumes there isn't an H IV on the horizon.

I bet CWs and H Center make for a nice presentation.  You got a cool set up.

They would need to totally change the Heresy if they used the same mid horn as the CW IV mid horn would not fit (but you already knew that). I guess given the configuration, the Heresy III is the best center to use with the CW III. 

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Chief bonehead said:

I would hope that he would be pleased. The cw4 is all tractrix now. The tractrix ports lower distortion. The network is high acoustic slopes. The new mid is smooth and has excellent distortion characteristics. The wide dispersion phase plug is basically his design. So I think I have the Cornwall where he envisioned it would be. I sincerely hope I paid good attention. 

I have no doubt.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, tonygeno said:

They would need to totally change the Heresy if they used the same mid horn as the CW IV mid horn would not fit (but you already knew that). I guess given the configuration, the Heresy III is the best center to use with the CW III. 

Tony, now's your chance, ask @Chief bonehead.  He was the principal engineer on the Heresy III upgrade. 

He's in a talkative mood tonight.

His speakers are in about half the cinemas in the US, and he has designed and installed them venues on 5 (in might  be 6) continents. 

While you are at it you should ask him what sub he reccomends with a CW HT set up.

• Klipsch Employees
6 minutes ago, tonygeno said:

Yes but I have tried hard to keep the same spectral balance in the paul’s heritage models as he likes them. So a cw4 would fit well with a h3 or vice versa. There some physics/acoustic stuff that can’t be over come but they sound like a family of sound products.