xo la scala

What do you xo guys think of these? How would it work as a type AA replacement in a la scala 1978 stock? I'm a child as far as my tech experience in the xo know how. So would and why would help thanks..  Aren't those just heresy xo?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Klipsch-E-2-Balancing-Network-Crossover-Heresy-La-Scala-Cornwall-TESTED/303063543108?hash=item468ffead44:g:W18AAOSw0qdcZwLy

2 hours ago, Deang said:

You can change the primary cap to 13uF, move the squawker wire to tap 4, remove the electrolytic, and it will be a Type A. 

Lol some day way in the future I hope ill understand  everything you say.  13uf from (AA value) Whats tap 4? Where and what is the electrolytic? Even if I don't understand thanks for the input. 

In your opinion Dean what is the best la scala stock xo (stock drivers), Would definitely get me to the starters line. thanks 

I just used a set of E crossovers to build an AA. Change the buss wire to all odd number terminals on the barrier strip, (if I am remembering wrong I am sure someone will correct me here but I don't have it in front of me) add a 13uf to the two new 2uf's and you will already have a correct autoformer and coil. I use better aftermarket tweeters so I just scrap the zener's and take them out. There was also a set of AA's recapped with Sonicaps for sale on EBay yesterday for around $199 which was a better buy than buying something you have to fix up. That E2 is not like the E and don't get it.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Deang said:

You can change the primary cap to 13uF, move the squawker wire to tap 4, remove the electrolytic, and it will be a Type A. 

Dean you need to take a good look at the E-2 schematic.

• Like 1

There is much more to that than Dean said.  I could probably build a type A crossover from scratch quicker than I could turn an E-2 into a type A.  Lots of rewiring on the terminal strips (which are fragile by that age and likely to break) and also the inductor is wrong value and would have to be replaced.  And with what the guy is selling that pair of E-2 for, probably cheaper to buy a new pair of type A.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BEC said:

There is much more to that than Dean said.  I could probably build a type A crossover from scratch quicker than I could turn an E-2 into a type A.  Lots of rewiring on the terminal strips (which are fragile by that age and likely to break) and also the inductor is wrong value and would have to be replaced.  And with what the guy is selling that pair of E-2 for, probably cheaper to buy a new pair of type A.

And new better parts too.

• Like 2