New to the forum. Questions about Klipsch Speakers I just got.

Rudolphjw

Hey guys. 

New to the forum. I had friend give me a pair of Klipsch 30 floor standing speakers. He said they are really good and expensive speakers. And they're heavy as hell! 

I hooked them up to my Denon AVR-689 and they sound great. 

Just have some questions about them 

How much are they worth? What do you guys recommend to drive them? Unless my Denon is good enough. 

Thanks for the info! I've attached a link to some photos since it says the pictures are to big to post on the forum.

John

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ekr31jHQFDsubeue9

Edited by Rudolphjw
Had to fix the details

MSRP for those speakers was $1800/pr. . Drive them with anything. Unless you hear them distorting or clipping, you have plenty of power. They are SO efficient (102dB/W/m) that you could drive them silly with 10W/ch. . If you want to spruce up the finish, get some Watco Danish Oil in ebony and, wipe it over the damaged/spotted surfaces. Follow the can directions. They'll look practically new.

• Like 1

@Rudolphjw,

Welcome to the forum.

Very nice KLF-30s.

Value is not exact but on the used market, based on condition, wood finish, and geographic location, they can go from $500.00 to $1200.00.

If your plan for these is for a stereo setup, look for a stereo preamp/amp combo with at least 100w/ch and let it rip.

Maybe something like this.

Image result for Parasound 2100 2125

John, where are you located?

Bill

Thanks guys! Really appreciate the feedback. Yeah it seems he did hook me up. And just in time, his house got flooded a few months after he gave me the speakers. 

Definitely want to put some TLC into them, and yes I plan to run them with a stereo for the Man Room. So I might look to upgrade the receiver soon. 

Currently I'm in Jacksonville FL. 

6 minutes ago, Rudolphjw said:

Thanks guys! Really appreciate the feedback. Yeah it seems he did hook me up. And just in time, his house got flooded a few months after he gave me the speakers. 

Definitely want to put some TLC into them, and yes I plan to run them with a stereo for the Man Room. So I might look to upgrade the receiver soon. 

Red Devil black satin paint will match the tops where the wood is showing

15 hours ago, willland said:

John, where are you located?

6 hours ago, Rudolphjw said:

Easy enough.

https://gainesville.craigslist.org/ele/d/acurus-250-amp-rl11-pre-amp/6832167892.html

Not as close but would not hesitate to suggest this.

https://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/ele/d/lutz-parasound-2250v2-stereo-amplifier/6840525655.html

00h0h_kFhbfKC7Ftg_600x450.jpg1

Bill

19 hours ago, Rudolphjw said:

I hooked them up to my Denon AVR-689 and they sound great. ... What do you guys recommend to drive them?  Unless my Denon is good enough. 

I think you answered your own question.

Undoubtedly they'll sound better with more / higher quality power, but you needn't rush to spend money.  Good source material (if you don't have it) is a higher priority at this point, I'd think.

• Like 1

I vote Acurus.  The A250 runs in Class A mode up to 1.25 - 1.5 watts (can't remember which) so most of your listening will be down there.  It has massive reserves and can deliver ~400 watts into 4 ohms.  I'm driving 4 VMPS Larger subwoofers with 2 of them.  Not that you'll ever see it with KLF-30s. 

• Like 1